“Best of GS”
Review of The Pullman

The Pullman
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pullman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cooper
Maryland
“Best of GS”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I am surprised at so many bad reviews of what we consider one of the best restaurants in CO, let alone the Springs. We go there every time we're in town, several x a year. The food is consistently interesting and outstanding; I mean, even boring old chicken they make super tender with a yummy sauce. The brussel sprout hash is like eating candied veggies (a good thing). The atmosphere is always lovely; energetic as opposed to loud, and in a cool building. The only thing this last time was we usually get superb service, and this time the waitress seemed to lose interest in us over the course of the meal. And it was also the least busy we've seen it, so we're not sure why that was. Tons of things on the menu we still want to try, so we'll definitely be back. Also can't believe folks commenting on the prices; they have kept their prices more than reasonable since they've opened, another reason we keep going back.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

The place is a beautiful. Prices reasonable for quality of ingredients. Wait staff excellent. Bar staff excellent.
Really enjoyed their local sourcing of ingredients and creative approach. We have dinner here whenever we are in town and have never been disappointed

Denver
“Fantastic food at a great price”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

In my group of four, we all ordered something different and immensely enjoyed our dishes. I couldn't believe how the prices were so low for such inventive, delicious food. I'm only disappointed that its a 3 hour drive to eat here again. Highly recommended!

Visited January 2014
Carbondale, Colorado
“The ambition not backed by ability.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The same owners have several establishments in the area of Fork River Valley and they are unable to control the quality of dinning experience.The Pullman has a very nice location and a minimalist,casual decor.The food is a little queer but the worst is the quality.The rabbit ragu is inedible.The caesar salad has a great pancetta-truffle dressing,romaine lettuce is slightly grilled and chicken breast is good but the croutons are tasteless and whole halves of anchovies are revolting.My worst experience was a dish of pierogis that made me sick all night long.It looks like the kitchen staff is badly supervised and they send out food that is not prepared with care.Their restaurant in Carbondale " The Town" served me cold meatballs covered with lukewarm sauce few months ago.I will not go to any of their restaurants again,unless I hear that they made some effort to treat their customers with respect.

• Visited January 2014
Mark F, Manager at The Pullman, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
George,
I am sorry that your dining experiences at our establishments have been inconsistent. I assure you that we have the highest respect for all of our guests, and I apologize that you have not felt appreciated. I hope that you have an enjoyable experience at some of the other fine dining establishments here in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado, United States
“Don't like the food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just did not like the food and won't go there again. If you like lamb and duck please go. Just not for me.

Visited November 2013
Mark F, Manager at The Pullman, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Julie C,

I am glad to hear you had other great dinning experiences in Glenwood Springs.

the pullman