“Very nice hotel that needs MORE parking spaces”

Courtyard Glenwood Springs
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Very nice hotel that needs MORE parking spaces”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed again and as the last time all was very good. Most of the staff (90%) are very helpful and willing to go the extra mile. The only real issue I have is the apparent lack of for thought on having enough parking. With the Res Inn next door, parking fills up fast. One ends up parking far enough to almost need a shuttle.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Albyfli
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello Albyfli,

Thank you for once again staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs! We thank you for your comments. We are currently undergoing some construction and once complete we will have double the parking that we currently have. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The place is nice and very modern. The staff were extremely helpful. They also let us store our bikes in our room during the stay. This really helped out. It is actually possible to walk to town to eat but it might be far for some. We actually did this a number of times and it was not bad at all. The path gets you part way. Parking was the only issue. Im not sure if the construction project is going to add a lot more spaces but It didn't seem that way. There is parking in the residence Courtyard across the driveway but it did seem inconvenient. Happy with the stay, sad about the parking but would stay again sometime

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Gary B,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs. The staff was very pleased to read your comments about the quality of service provided during your stay. I would like to assure you that all is being done to expedite the construction in our parking area and we are aware that it is a huge inconvenience to our guests. We hope to accommodate you in the future.
Denver, CO
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. It's a very nice hotel. Beds are very comfortable and they give you plenty of pillows (I think there were 5 on my bed!). But one night we came home late and there was not a single parking spot in front of our hotel or at the Marriott Residence Inn that adjoins this property and is located right next door. We finally had to be directed to the "overflow parking lot" in back of the hotel. Not easy to find at night at ALL, and then you either had to walk all the way back around to the front entrance, or enter through the back door pool area and weave your way around the pool and sauna with whatever stuff you might be carrying and navigate around the people who are in the pool area. Also, once you go down most any row to look for a parking space in the front and can't find one, you hit a dead end blocked off by construction with no way out. You have to put your car in reverse and back up all the way back to the beginning of the row before you can try something else, as there is not enough room between the rows of parking to turn your car around. Parking was such an annoyance that I will think twice about staying here again unless this situation has been fixed! This hotel was built almost 2 years ago. Why is there still construction and screwed-up parking for guests to have to deal with??

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Crazeditalian,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very sorry about the current conditions of the parking lot and assure you that all is being done to correct the parking situation as quickly as possible. We hope that you are able to stay with us in the future.
Denver, CO
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stay here for work but used it for a group trip. The group reservation people never called us back (4 calls) and we then booked with the front desk. When I checked in, I had all reservations numbers because we had made name changes to the reservations. The front desk staff had major issues finding the reservations and when they finally did, could not figure out how to give me the rate I booked. Someone came to help and that was worked out, but Marriott is a big company and should be providing better training for their employees. It took 20 minutes to get checked in. I called to get copies of the receipts (that should have been emailed automatically) and it took 5 days to get them because they said the manager had to do it.

The rooms are standard Courtyard rooms, the walk-in shower is very leaky (design problem). The hotel is near some restaurants (Chili's). No coffee in the lobby as I am usually accustomed to in a Courtyard.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hello kab77,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs. I am very sorry for the problems you experienced during your stay. I have retained your comments to address at our next staff meeting and would love to speak with you more about your stay. I may be reached at 970-947-1300. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and we hope that you will give us another chance upon your next visit to Glenwood Springs.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. I stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip, and it couldn't have been a more convenient fit.

The hotel is located in an obviously newer section of the town, as it appears that there is still a lot of new construction going on. The parking area is small and cramped, so I could imagine that it'd be a pain in a busier part of the season.

The room was great with a few exceptions. I read in one of the reviews that the shower leaked onto the floor. I must have had the same room or it's an epidemic, as I had a big problem with this. It's a walk-in shower and not a tub, so the door goes nearly to the floor. It's supposed to look very modern (and does), but the bottom of the door doesn't seal well with the glass wall portion. Also, water collects on wall at the base of the door. When you open the door (it opens out), you dump most of that water onto the floor. When I realized that this was problem after the lake I made the first night, I yanked on the door several times to make sure it was firmly closed (shouldn't be necessary) and it seemed to cut the leakage down.

This hotel can be very noisy. I absolutely loved my room and where I was located, but I could hear every door movement in my half of the floor. It may have just been that my neighbors were moronic, but I cannot imagine that every crazy loud noise was caused by inconsideration. Again, I think I saw this complaint in here too. It didn't take away from my sleep or relaxation (other than the few times I had to check to make sure someone wasn't breaking into my room).

The pool and hot tub looked awesome. I wished I had more time to get in.

There's a Starbucks inside of the hotel, which my wife would've loved. I wasn't sure if they were serving the full menu, but it looked like it was more than adequate.

The staff was excellent, and check-in/out was super fast. If I ever get back to this area and need a place to stay, I will probably return to this hotel as I know it will do the trick.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a pretty good view, but if you're looking for a great view, get up off of...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Hello Clkend,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs. We appreciate your feedback and the staff was thrilled to read your comments. We hope to accommodate you in the future and perhaps you will have more time to relax in our hot tub or have a Starbucks in the morning!
Silverthorne, Colorado
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visit Glenwood Springs often and have stayed at all of the hotels in and around the hot springs pool but I do have to say that our stay at the Marriott Courtyard was one of the best. The hotel lobby is pretty and fresh and our room was very comfy, clean, quiet and decorated nicely. The lobby restaurant and bar are a great touch. Most of all, the staff were friendly, helpful and actually made you feel like they were truly happy to see you. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The only reason for the average sleep quality is that we sleep on a Tempurpedic at home so sleeping...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello J B,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. At the Courtyard we strive to provide excellent customer service and we are pleased that we were successful in our efforts. We hope that you are able to visit our hotel again!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very nice place to stay! Room is large an clean, stuff is very friendly and helpful.
The location is pretty good, close to a highway and to a shopping center.
We stayed for 3 nights and really enjoyed it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IKru
Hello IKru,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff works hard to keep our new hotel clean, and it is great to see that their efforts do not go unnoticed. We hope to accommodate you again in the future!