“New and comfortable hotel”

Residence Inn Glenwood Springs
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
San Diego, CA
“New and comfortable hotel”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My family and I stayed at the RI Glenwood for one night while driving from San Diego to Boulder. We didn't stay long - just the night as we needed to get back on the road.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The front staff was friendly and helpful. While I didn't have the opportunity to take advantage of the mini-kitchen, it was well supplied and I think it would be quite convenient for quick meals. I plan to return to Glenwood Springs in the future and spend more time there - it seems like a really beautiful place and I would definitely stay at this property again.

My only issue during this stay was the noise in the morning being right across from the elevator (it actually woke my son up who was on the sofa bed - and, he sleeps pretty hard). I will ask next time for a room away from the elevators. I also agree with a previous reviewer regarding how busy the breakfast area is and how it was challenging for the staff to keep up with the demand.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear VWC_SD,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We will continue to strive to provide superior customer service and facilities for all our guests. Hope your travels are safe and look forward to accommodating you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Hampshire, Illinois
Reviewed December 30, 2011

It weren't for the inconvenience of waiting for the food to be refilled. Let me first say that this hotel is beautiful, super clean and quiet, and the front desk staff (especially Gregg) couldn't have been any more attentive or pleasant. They very much care that their guests are enjoying a great experience. So, the "service" rating below mostly reflects just the food service. I wish I could separate the food service from the hotel service, but I can't, so I blended the two.

On Tuesday - Thursday, the hotel offers an evening social event, from appetizers to dinner! The food is good...it's just that the kitchen staff couldn't keep up with the demand. Same thing at breakfast (which is free). A bit disorganized.

That said, we've stayed in several Glenwood hotels. This is the BEST by a mile! This has definitely become our favorite Glenwood hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the fourth floor in the back. A beautiful, serene mountain view!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shirley P
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear Slp322,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All of us here at the Residence Inn are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience. Our management staff is looking into possible solutions for better and quicker service during peak breakfast hours during sold out periods. I appreciate your candor and look forward to improving on this issue during your next stay. Best Wishes for a Safe and Happy New Year.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and I were syaying here about 3 times per week on business but were forced to switch to the courtyard due to cleanliness, but on the 12/28 thought we would try it again because we were with our daughter and thought the 2 rooms would be nice. This hotel need some serious quality control the room was filthy! I dont think the staff had vaccumed in some time my daughters socks were loaded with dog hair, the doors were loaded with grime, so at 9:15pm we checked out and went to the courtyard. We have made multiple complaints to no avail so we wont be back!

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank DJSRIZZ
Dear DJSRIZZ,

First off I want to personally apologize for the room cleanliness issue you encountered upon checkin. I have held a special session meeting with all my department heads to ensure this does not happen again. Superior service and room cleanliness has been our foundations as we maintain our #1 ranking on TripAdvisor. In this instance we did not live up to our high standards. When you are in the area again please contact me directly and I will ensure that your experience exceeds all expectations. Best wishes for a Safe and Happy New Year
New Jersey
Reviewed December 27, 2011

I just got back from four great days staying at the Residence Inn. The staff are tremendously helpfule from getting groceries to helping with restaraunt information. Everyone was cheerful and enthusiastic. The free breakfast was fantastic and varied. The rooms were great as was the price. They put a lot of thought into how the main area was set up so it was very functional. As mentioned even the desk chair was a real office chair rather than some knockoff. This is a great location to go to either Aspen or Vail and still have money left over when your vacation is done.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 23, 2011

i just thought I would write and say how excited we are to visit your hotel ! Based on the reviews... we feel as though we can not go wrong. what a great service TA is . We arrive on Dec 27.. a special day for all... as we are celebrating a big birthday in the family. So we will see you soon...!

Cheers... The Schulman's

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed December 2, 2011

This is the ONLY nice hotel in Glenwood Springs, all of the others are overpriced and terrible, especially the hotel Colorado.
The rooms at the Residence in are comfortable, clean and modern. Our stay was very pleasant. I only wish that it was walking distance to the hot springs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rebeccataigar
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Rebeccataigar,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. It means a lot to our staff to have such nice comments about our guest's experiences. Our entire team wishes you a happy holiday season and look forward to your return trip into Glenwood Springs.
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Love the breakfast and outdoor fireplace. Spacious room it dishwasher and they even do your dishes! Thank you Residence Inn! Keep up the good job!

• Stayed November 2011
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Dear Soosg,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your experience. We are all pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Our entire staff wants to thank you choosing our hotel and best wishes for a safe holiday season.