No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Haute Plate Bistro
Cuisines: American
Description: Great Food, Home Made Breads, Glenwood's Favorite Breakfast, Come on in for the special of the day
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Service was great, food was really really bad. I ordered chicken tortilla soup, thats definately NOT what I got. It was from a can. It came with toast....stale toast.

1  Thank mountainsunshine

Reviewed September 16, 2009

The sign on the window says "Haute Plate Bistro". But you get a charge slip marked "8th Street Deli". It is if they had a plain old deli, changed the name, and marked the prices up. The decor and atmosphere as well as the food were more like a deli than a bistro of "haute" description.

Here was our experience.
My husband ordered a gyro sandwich and salad. He said the gyro was "just fine" but I though it strange as it was made with lots of cabbage. (I love gyros and eat them often -- mostly at Greek restaurants. I've never, ever, had one made with cabbage!)

Our son ordered a Caesar salad with chicken. After waiting a while for food to arrive, our server informed him that they were out of chicken. He reluctantly accepted it without the chicken -- too late to reorder.

My "Mediterranean Salad" with salmon would have been good if it was not swimming in so much salad dressing that a good part of it was inedible. (Tip: If you do go here, be sure to order dressing on the side.)

Our three lunches, 2 iced teas & 1 water was $31 + tip.

We also ate at the Charcoalburger Drive In and the Riveria while in Glenwood Springs. We loved both of those. (See separate reviews.)