“Country Western music. dry ribs n”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rib City Grill - CLOSED

Rib City Grill
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Country Western music. dry ribs n”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Rib City has a cheery vibe with friendly staff . Our salads were mostly iceberg lettuce nothing special. The bbq beans were kinda to juicy for my taste. The ribss were dry and very average. the toast was soggy . I. liked the sliced pork again nothing special. I was very glad to leave I do not CW music.

Fruita, Colorado
“keep comin back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

this is one of my favorite restaurants...I'll tell you why...great service, fast and fresh...almost everytime. I have only one negative exp here and it had to do with service more than anything.there is a new waitress here and she is what makes my meal so pleasant. She is friendly & polite. Why cant all servers be like her? Will always come back on Sundays just to be treated so well!

Colorado
“Bad food and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have not had one good experience at this place. We tried it a number of times, hoping it would be better than the last. We've had no luck. The food is terrible (and my husband loves BBQ!) and the service is almost as bad. There are GREAT other options in town. Avoid Rib City!

• Visited August 2012
Colorado
“Great food, but what's up with bullying your customers?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

What do you do with a place that you really want to like, heck, that you absolutely go out of the way to try to like, but whose management seems absolutely determined to turn you against it? Such has been my family’s experience with the Glenwood Springs location of Rib City.

When they first opened a few years ago, we were excited to give the new kid on the block a try. We usually vacation for a couple of long weekends each year in Glenwood, and were frankly a little bored with the uneven restaurant scene downtown. Initially we were pretty impressed. Their food and service were both very good—not the best barbecue I’ve ever had, but definitely above average.

Sadly our subsequent visits failed to live up to those first impressions. Being a resort town, you kind of expect a certain level of business smarts. For example, if you’re going to publicize your business all over town and the internet by offering coupons, it’s probably not a great idea to try to intimidate your customers into not using them. Our last three trips have each had just such issues. Twice the manager actually came out to our table to ask where exactly we had found our discount coupon. “It’s not a problem”, he assured us, “We just didn’t intend these to show up on some of the websites people are printing them from.” Like say, the Glenwood tourism board?? Not exactly a friendly way to end your meal.

This last trip just after the New Year, we had gone skiing at Sunlight, which we had read numerous places offered a cross promotion where you could show a Rib City receipt for a discounted lift ticket, or show your lift ticket and receive a free dessert or appetizer at Rib City. We (sadly) chose the latter. After placing our order we asked our waiter if there was a limit of one discount per party. She rolled her eyes, and said, “We’ve been trying to get Sunlight to take that banner down for more than two years, so I’m afraid there’s nothing I can do for you about that.” Really? Two years?? I almost wanted to point out that they could probably drive up there in the morning in about 20 minutes and take care of that little problem. In the meantime though, HOW ABOUT HONORING THE COUPON? This is pretty basic business sense people. The offer is advertised several places on the net, in area hotels, and at the ski area. Either honor it, or fix it.

My final complaint with Rib City has to do with their general attitude. They’re in a prime location in a year-round resort town, and yet they do bizarre things like closing at 8 pm—even around the holidays. We came in about 7:10, and had to wait 15 minutes to get a table for five, even though there were clear tables visible. They said they just had an unexpected wave of people. “We’re not used to that on a Thursday!” Really? Not used to actual paying customers on a Thursday night in the middle of Christmas Break? Maybe you’re coupon intimidation tactics are finally paying off! We certainly won’t add to their busy problem any longer, as we’re done trying to go the extra mile for them. Too bad; the food really is pretty good…

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank tikiking
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent on every point! Including dessert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Loved it ALL! Didn't think I could be any more amazed till I asked for my dessert to go, got to my hotel , opened it up and she decorated my pie with whip cream flowers! AND, assumed we are traveling and said, just in case you don't have access to silverware, I packed some for you! We are traveling and she took 110% care of us! Thank you!