TripAdvisor

from $59.00
from $49.00
from $69.00
More Info
All reviews great company double shoshone colorado river day trip water shoes an excellent guide amazing experience inflatable kayaks clear creek these guys bucket list white water raft guide pebbles brad rafting rapids
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a fun afternoon rafting the Colorado through Glenwood Canyon. The scenery was beyond beautiful. At 4 months pregnant with my 6yr old daughter, it was a nice easy float. You will get wet, but that was part of the fun. Gregory was a great help in booking our group of 10. They put us in 2 boats. Jeremy was a great guide, he did most of the paddling while pointing out the highlights of the canyon and tips on having a great time in Glenwood. It was my favorite activity of our Glenwood visit!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was my boyfriends first time going rafting and we both had a blast! Our guide Russ was a lot of fun and he gave us some great recommendations on other things to do around the area. I felt incredibly safe during my trip because the guides all worked together so well with their jokes and knowledge of the river. We would definitely come back again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wife and I have always wanted to go floating and thought this mild trip would be a perfect way to start and we weren't disappointed. Great company to work with, float was perfect in length through the beautiful Glenwood Canyon. Great scenery with some fun, smaller rapids thrown in. Next time plan to try out the Shoshone Rapids for even more fun.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time experience for me, and 3rd for my boyfriend. We're grateful to guide Brad for the safety and what-to-expect talk beforehand, but even with that in mind, it was a scary moment when both of us ended up in the water at Maneater Rapids! Because we'd been properly prepped (and dressed for safety) and with Brad's calm demeanor, determination and strength, we made it back to the boat and he hauled us aboard (no easy feat!!). I was a bit banged up, so we were grateful to forego the 2nd pass on Shoshone's rapids, instead doing the calmer float the rest of the way back to GCR. The staff at Defiance, before and after the trip, were very easy going and flexible, even coming up with an option when it became clear that we wouldn't have enough manpower to carry a larger raft. After our excursion, staff offered first aid, and also took the time to follow up later that day and the next to make sure we were ok. The photos available for purchase at the end of the ride were a bit pricey, but soooo worth being able to see what it looked like from shore!! We're still talking about what an amazing experience this was, how grateful we are that Brad got us back in the boat alive, and laughing at the photo of the 2 upside down feet sticking out of the river next to the raft! Thank you, Brad!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a GREAT experience! From the time I spoke with Heather weeks before, to the day we arrived was 5 stars across the board. We were a group of six on the 9am trip. Air and water temp was hovering in the mid-60's; a little brisk to get wet that early in the day, but we soon found out how refreshing it was (for most of us). Tanner was our guide and we couldn't have been in better hands. We loved the whole experience and without hesitation highly recommend you try them out.

Date of experience: August 2019