“The atmosphere was fantastic!!!!”
Review of Fin's Grille and Raw Bar - CLOSED

Fin's Grille and Raw Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“The atmosphere was fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We had so much fun relaxing and enjoying the music. The food/wine and the locals where wonderful. The owner and the staff made us feel welcomed! We never felt like visitors! The food was so pretty it tasted as good as it looked!!! Yum!!!

Fruita, Colorado
“3rd strike, and we're out.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Went here last year for the first time and it was great. Service, and food were great. Price was to be expected. Revisited a few months later and again the service was great but the food didn't have the same care as the last. Figuring it was an 'off' night that night, tried it again and was so displeased with the food that we made the decision that we will spend our money elsewhere. Again, service is great here, but until I hear that Fins has gotten a new Chef or kitchen staff, I just wont bother.

Conifer
“Giving Back”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We happened on to this place while out wondering the streets. The very cool part of this place was the night that we were there, they were hosting a fund raiser for the fires that took over Colorado, Summer, 2012. Spaghetti dinner , $5 or $10 bucks, but 100% of the proceeds went to the fire fighting efforts. Huge.

While we opted for seafood, (yes, we did leave a donation towards the effort), we had calamari - totally yummy, tuna, kids dined on mac and cheese, but the place was adorable, the food excellent and the wait staff, a pleasure. It is always great to patronize places that give back. The owner was awesome and friendly. It was just a great place to dine, drink and enjoy being in Glenwood.

Visited August 2012
Arvada, Colorado
“My leftovers were excellent even three days later!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

After spending the day at the Hot Springs pool, we were starving! Our host told us to check out Fin's so we set off for dinner. We walked into the restaurant at 6:45 on a Friday night and were seated immediately (at a cute table by a very amusing pirhana). My husband ordered a serrano margarita which was excellent with just enought heat. I had a glass of moscato, which I love. The waitress brought over fresh bread with butter, roasted garlic, and balsamic vinegar and olive oil if we wanted to dip. We ordered the mussels and were soooo happy we did! They came in a creamy sauce that was perfect for dipping the fresh bread into. I ordered the wedge salad and my husband ordered the caesar. My wedge salad was large, and with the addition of some pepper, was very tasty. The caesar was kind of decontructed with a cheese tuille and a whole anchovy but my husband really liked it. For entrees, I ordered the shrimp diablo and he got the trout. The shrimp were large and the spicy cream sauce almost too spicy, but not quite. It was so tasty! My husband really liked his trout but said the sauteed veggies that came with it were just edible. After all this yummy food, I couldn't finish my shrimp diablo so the waitress very nicely packaged it up for me to take home. FAST FORWARD THREE DAYS...we are home from Glenwood and I was starving after work, so I heated up the shrimp diablo and it was even amazing three days later! When we head back next year, we will definitely stop back. The staff was friendly, too!

• Visited October 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great food and atmosphere. Perfect for romantic dinner.”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I go there every time we are in Glenwood. We usually sit at the bar and their oysters are GREAT. It is a little oricey (but not unreasonable) but I'm ok to splurge for quality and a romantic time. They have a decent happy hour and the trout I had one night was incredible!

• Visited May 2012