“Fabulous, Fabulous and Fabulous!!!”
Review of Fin's Grille and Raw Bar - CLOSED

Fin's Grille and Raw Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This is a Wonderful restaurant. The food was amazing and the service more than excellent. I had Blackened Ahi Tuna that was the best I have ever tasted. The Gnocchi with Mussels & Elk sausage was outstanding - what a great combination! I also ordered the Ceviche and it came with Yucca root chips and was spectacular - it was the 1st time eatting Yucca chips. I ate here a few times on my visit to the Glenwood Springs/Aspen Co. area and everything I tried from Steak, Seafood, Raw bar and Pasta was exceptional including the desserts. Not only did the desserts look fancy but they tasted delectable.
This place is a must stop for Dinner. Seriously, for a Lady growing up and living in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. area where there is no shortage of Fine restaurants and eating out is part of the norm I must say I fell in love with not only the food but the people as well. I really can't say enough good things. Heck, I may just have to move out there!
If you want to eat well, not break the bank and be treated like a Queen, come to this restaurant. Kudos to the Staff!!!
The Food was Fabulous, the Service was Outstanding, Very Nice décor and the cliental was very welcoming with a “Cheers” like feel.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Fin's was open in the evening for dinner. There were a few chairs and pub tables in the bar, and about 14 tables in the dining room. Windows look out over the main drag and the Colorado River. The decor was tasteful, staff attentive and friendly. I would call this restaurant "Upscale casual"...

There was a fellow "John" who was performing live music with his keyboard, guitar, and voice. He had a wonderful repertoire, from classical to modern Jazz/pop, and with the volume just right, not overpoweringly loud. He really added to the laid back, relaxing, warm ambiance.

Our waitress was "Veronica", a short, dark haired girl with a big smile and lots of energy. She made us feel welcome and special without smothering us.

The food was amazing. We ordered salmon (cooked to perfection, not fishy) and later had Tiramisu and coffee for dessert. It was the best meal of our trip, hands down. Will visit this place again!

2  Thank MamaBruff
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We went here just before 6 pm thinking we could take advantage of happy hour. There wasn't any room in the bar and we were seated in the dining room. Then learned the happy hour specials were only good in the bar.

We loved their roasted garlic and french bread they brought to the table. But it was the best part of the meal. The Oyster Po Boy was just okay and the Shrimp Diablo was fair at best. The restaurant probably survives due to its location on the main street in this tourist filled town. Wish I had checked on tripadvisor first as I found out later that Pullmans accross the street has an excellent chef.

1  Thank sunsetviewer
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We've dined before and loved it, but our group of 20+ was too much. The service was super great, but the kitchen struggled.
I had the scallops but they were not seared and the frittes maxim was burnt, my hubby's steak was tough. I will go again with fewer friends.

1  Thank CarrieSuzieQ
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Top notch restaurant! Food is excellent. Wait staff is attentive. Beautiful intimate setting

1  Thank TravelingAli