“Whole in the wall... Always the best”
Review of JH Chen Asian Bistro - CLOSED

JH Chen Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The food was delicious. Designed for two. Soda comes in a can, a little interesting. Service is slow and not that polite. But really it's not "bad". I would recommend the place to anyone looking for good food.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Since there weren't many reviews on this place we weren't sure what to expect. Once we got in we realized it was almost closing time but we were still welcomed and had great conversation with the sushi chef as he made our food. It was amazing! Best sushi we have had in awhile!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We came here for an early dinner, and we were one of three couples dining at that time. Waitress was very efficient. Our drinks, appetizer, sushi, and entree came out quickly and were wonderful! The sweet and sour chicken was divine and California roll was very good. This is a cute little place for a quiet dinner.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great selection of Chinese, Japanese and I think Thai. Small place off the main drag. Good prices and portions. If you like saki try the Purple Haze. Yes, I am a repeat customer.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My daughter wanted to go out for sushi for her birthday while we were in Glenwood Springs. We heard about this place from a local and decided to try it out. First of all, it is more of an "Asian fusion" place, which in my opinion means that they are usually just so-so at each type of Asian cuisine, but not super good at any one specific cuisine. This was true in this case.

The waitress was super friendly but the food was just not good at all. The sushi was not fresh tasting and was sloppy looking. The tempura had a weird batter on it, unlike any I've ever seen. The food had more of a Chinese flair to it even though we ordered a Japanese dish.

The positive: the waitress was very nice and attentive and the atmosphere inside the restaurant was nice.

The bill was pretty expensive with the food being mediocre at best. It was greasy and just drowning in sauce. I am sorry, I really wanted it to be good and I really had hoped for more for my daughter's birthday! We won't be back!

1  Thank luvlifeandtravel