“These people don't care about you at all”

Sunlight Mountain Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunlight features 67 named trails covering over 470 acres. In addition to miles of cruising intermediate terrain, Sunlight's East Ridge has one of the steeper runs in the state. Aptly named, The Heathen falls beneath your feet at a breathtaking 52 degrees. Sunlight is home to one of the longest trails in ski country, Ute, a beginner slope that winds more than 2 miles from summit to base. Sunlight also hosts some of the best tree skiing in Colorado with many aspen groves untracked days after snowfall. All trails converge at the base lodge, so friends and family can always keep track of each other
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“These people don't care about you at all”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

If you love slow lifts and don't mind being treated with complete indifference by the folks who work at Sunlight, go there. Else, there are many alternatives: use them.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Steep And Deep S

park city, ut
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Small, old-school resort”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I really love Sunlight. Some people I know rip on it for being too small and too old, but those are some of the very things I love about it. The chairs aren't fast, but the lifties will banter with you. The restaurant is typical of a ski resort in the 60s-70s, but where else would you want to catch a bluegrass band after a day on the hill?

I was at the resort for a USTSA Telemark race for the third time in as many years and will keep coming back. The resort staff goes out of their way to make sure we have a great event, and it shows.

Take a break from your "Aspen" ski trip and spend a day at Sunlight!

4 Thank sonofragnar
Gainesville, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“So glad we chose Sunlight Mountain.....”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I grew up in Pennsylvania and skied a few places in the northeast. I moved to Georgia and have skied in North Carolina. I've also been able to experience western snow when I skied in Utah. This was my first time in Colorado snow so I was a bit unsure what to expect. I still to the green slopes. Other members in my group, like the blue slopes.

We arrived on a Thursday afternoon and purchased a half-day ticket. The parking was free. The lot was easy to navigate with steps up to the ticket booth and the rental shop. It was really nice to encounter such a helpful group of guys in the Rental Shop. I'm in my 40s and I always have a tough time finding boots that fit my calves really well. I explained my concern and I was met with such support..."no worries...we will take our time and find you just what you need and what feels great.....no need in wearing boots all day that hurt". Sure enough, we were able to find a great pair and then I was matched with my ski, poles and helmet.

The lifts are easy to navigate and the lines were nonexistent. The slopes were well-groomed and marked. Because it is a smaller resort and the amount of skiers is smaller, I never felt as though I was going to be run over by a group of snowboarders!

We didn't stay at the resort; we stayed in Glennwood Springs. We did use the lodge area to eat lunch and get hot chocolate. The food was reasonably priced and was good.

We had so much fun on our half day that we chose to go back and ski another full day. Awesome time and great staff.

4 Thank itsnothandle
Denver, CO
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Awesome little resort”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We came here for a ski race. Not excepting much from such a small mountain. There are only 3 lifts. This place has a really good variety of runs though. Some really challenging terrain. We had a great time. I'd love to come back. Wish it was closer. Especially for the money. This place is a bargain.

2 Thank mogulman
Littleton, Colorado
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“An excellent small mountain”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are expecting a huge mountain with all the perks, go somewhere else. If you want unpretentious skiing and a beautiful, small mounatin experience, Sunlight is the place for you. Because it is off the beaten path, Sunlight is never crowded even on the busiest ski days. There is enough terrain to explore to keep the whole family happy. The lifts are old and certainly not high speed, but the view is incredible. Everyone is super friendly and genuinly glad to see you. The ski instructors are great and will remember you the next time you visit.

2 Thank Dolphin0831