“Penultimate Springs Experience”

Glenwood Hot Springs Pool
More attraction details
Owner description: Located between Aspen and Vail, you'll find the World's Largest Hot Springs Pool. The Ute Indians called it Yampah, meaning "big medicine." Soothe your muscles after outdoor activities year round. The large pool is kept at a comfortable 90°- 93° F and the smaller therapy pool averages about 104° F. Additional amenities include a lodge, spa, athletic club, grill and shopping. Relieve muscle and joint pain, or just relax and feel the wonder of a soak in our hot springs. Soaking in hot, highly concentrated mineral water has many health benefits. Increasing body temperature helps the body naturally kill harmful germs and viruses, eliminate toxins, and increase blood flow. The absorbtion of essential minerals gives the body a natural boost. You will feel the difference within minutes of stepping in. Jump in the large pool, at over 400 feet long, and "cool down." Swim laps or practice your form on the diving board. Water slides, mini golf, and kiddie pool are available in the warmer months. Bring your own cooler and snacks, or stop by the poolside Grill to grab a bite.
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Time to give my home state some well-deserved accolades.
Always up for hot springs, Glenwood Hot Springs is the Carnival of springs. Combine the size of the pool, the lovely 1800s/early 1900s architecture of the town itself and beautiful landscape that cradles the pools, and you get a stellar hot pool experience.

One of my favorite retreats for my family, the swimming pool is deliciously warm and my daughter (5) can swim without getting too chilled...for hours. The therapeutic pool is a nice addition for soaking as opposed to the more active HUGE pool.

With the recent upgrades, the lodge package is a great deal and the new beds and linens are like sleeping on clouds. The breakfast isn't bad either..which is included in the lodge package.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

A large pool with little congestion. The temperature in both the Hot Pool and the larger Cooler Pool was just right for me. Enjoyed talking to people from all over the country (I'm sure there are people from around the world).

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is a great place to take all ages. We liked that there are two pools with different temps. My 7 year old was excited to have the ability to bring a noodle floaty with her. We were happy to find out the pools stay open until 10pm, even during off peak times, it gave us the opportunity to come early and return during evening hours. Very enjoyable time for us all.

Now for the cons- I guess I may be unfair to compare but we love lava hot springs in idaho and one thing this location does not have that lava does is many separate pools with multiple temps. My kids probably would say that preferred the large open pool with just warm temps, more like a regular large swimming pool rather than any privacy. The pool with hotter temps was somewhat small compared to the gigantic pool and would get very crowded, especially during evening hours. The other complaint is that there is basically no shade other than staying up against one side of the large pool when the sun was just right. My kids were very sad that the slide was closed, I understand that it was based on weather but it seemed like a great day, so not sure why it was closed. At least the day pass does not include paying for the slide and that price is separate, therefore I didn't pay for something we didn't use.

We will be back for sure! My kids are excited to return when the slide will be open!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

It was worth after hiking Hanging Lake trail to soak in 104 degree water . . . and outdoors with the stars above. It wasn't teribbly expensive. I think it enabled me to be able to walk the next day after hiking the trail. lol

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We visit every year now. This is a first class place for all not just the wealthy. But to make your visit better, I have learned to 1. pick your time of year to go. The pool can get crowded. Try going in low season. 2. The pool is less crowded early in the morning, get there at opening. Its very nice. Get your hand stamped and come back after dinner too. Later day visits weed out most families and elderly. 3. Go upstairs to the second story changing rooms, their is FAR less people, so you don't have to wait for lockers, showers, hair dryers and such. Bring $.50 for locker rental, its well worth it.
Other tips: Leave the tubes, noodles, rafts etc. at the motel pool. Its an inconvenience for other people - this is a hot springs not a public pool playground. Don't bring your beverage into the pool with you, people don't want to soak in your spilled coffee. Bring a pair of slip ons, some of the textured surfaces around the pools are uncomfortable to walk on in bare feet!
I also love that the pool is accessible for those that use wheelchairs! They have a lift and some ramps into the pool.