“Hot springs”

Glenwood Hot Springs Pool
More attraction details
Owner description: Located between Aspen and Vail, you'll find the World's Largest Hot Springs Pool. The Ute Indians called it Yampah, meaning "big medicine." Soothe your muscles after outdoor activities year round. The large pool is kept at a comfortable 90°- 93° F and the smaller therapy pool averages about 104° F. Additional amenities include a lodge, spa, athletic club, grill and shopping. Relieve muscle and joint pain, or just relax and feel the wonder of a soak in our hot springs. Soaking in hot, highly concentrated mineral water has many health benefits. Increasing body temperature helps the body naturally kill harmful germs and viruses, eliminate toxins, and increase blood flow. The absorbtion of essential minerals gives the body a natural boost. You will feel the difference within minutes of stepping in. Jump in the large pool, at over 400 feet long, and "cool down." Swim laps or practice your form on the diving board. Water slides, mini golf, and kiddie pool are available in the warmer months. Bring your own cooler and snacks, or stop by the poolside Grill to grab a bite.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We'd looked forward to a swim here, but were disappointed by the entry fee, which we felt was high. The pool itself was enjoyable and the kids enjoyed the slides.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,301)
All reviews
in 30 reviews
"relaxing experience"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The pools are always clean and so are the grounds around them. One pool is a large one with a diving board , lap lanes and a very large area of different elevations. There is a therapy pool that is very nice to soak in. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Ok, this is kind of a mix of a public pool and a hot spring. It is not cheap, but the scenery makes up for the cost. Do not go here expecting a cheap visit. It cost $18.00 per person, you have to purchase slide tickets and there is not a whole lot to do at the pool.

But somehow it is still fun, perhpas it is the history or the beautiful mountains. It is our second visit and I almost did not add it to our trip - but did so at the last minute. I am glad I did, we had a nice time.

One observation that I was slightly alarmed by - when a toddler has a " code brown" in the pool - they just fence it off. Come on do they really think a 12X12 fence is going to keep feces from moving around the pool. This grossed me out, I had to get out of the pool at this point.

Most people more then likely did not know what was going on, but our son is a competative swimmer and we are swim officals. We spend hours on pool decks, so we knew exactly what was going on. I would bet a few dollars that more then one person got expousre to the "code brown"

Not sure we will return, but it is worth a stop if you never been.

2  Thank Sierra T
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I love this place. Green side is super fun for couples and kids. The blue slide is still a kick even though I have ridden it like 20 times! Love sitting in the hot pool. Everyone in my family enjoys swimming in the big pool. I appreciate the fact I can leave and get lunch and bring it back in so easily. I like to sit on the free chairs and get some sun, watch the twice daily Amtrak trains come and go. It is a very very enjoyable place. Unlike some of the other hot springs pools in Colorado. I have nothing bad to say. Go there and enjoy it. I will continue to do the same.