“Nice for soaking travel-weary bones”

Glenwood Hot Springs Pool
More attraction details
Owner description: Located between Aspen and Vail, you'll find the World's Largest Hot Springs Pool. The Ute Indians called it Yampah, meaning "big medicine." Soothe your muscles after outdoor activities year round. The large pool is kept at a comfortable 90°- 93° F and the smaller therapy pool averages about 104° F. Additional amenities include a lodge, spa, athletic club, grill and shopping. Relieve muscle and joint pain, or just relax and feel the wonder of a soak in our hot springs. Soaking in hot, highly concentrated mineral water has many health benefits. Increasing body temperature helps the body naturally kill harmful germs and viruses, eliminate toxins, and increase blood flow. The absorbtion of essential minerals gives the body a natural boost. You will feel the difference within minutes of stepping in. Jump in the large pool, at over 400 feet long, and "cool down." Swim laps or practice your form on the diving board. Water slides, mini golf, and kiddie pool are available in the warmer months. Bring your own cooler and snacks, or stop by the poolside Grill to grab a bite.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stopped here on my way back to Colorado from Canyonlands, and it was just what my sore muscles needed after several days of long hikes. The staff was friendly, the facilities were clean and well-run, and of course the pools are fantastic. There is a hot hot ("therapeutic") pool, and a large less-hot pool with water slides. The locker room was large and had many showers, bathrooms, lockers, etc available. There is also a grill on the premises, but I did not purchase anything from it. If you can plan ahead and bring your own towel(s), it'll save you $2.50 rental fee. Entrance to the pool was about $13 for an adult for a full day, and you are allowed to leave and return if you so choose, so it's a pretty good deal.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,261)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This Pool was moss free, clean, and VERY enjoyable. Staff was helpful and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Go after hitting the slopes or just to get away from the frigid winter air. Our family of four loved it! Remember to bring your flip flops and a robe. When the temp is 5 and you want to get out it is tough! My family members were brave enough to try to get out and jump off the diving board- not me! They do have two slides for the kids, but they were closed-maybe there is a season for that. Pool is a couple football fields long I would say. The real hot one pool is smaller, but still a great size. Our favorite sight here was seeing the lifeguards all bundled up. Couldn't pay me enough to be a lifeguard there!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited a hot springs pool area in Steamboat Springs one summer, so I went expecting a little more of that type of atmosphere as I took my 9 year old daughter to Glenwood Springs pool. The entrance fee is a little expensive, but if you plan on spending a few hours there, it seems worth it. The ladies locker room/bathroom/shower area is quite old and is a very "no frills" place. The lockers are very close together so if someone is in a locker beside yours, you will get to know them quickly!

The smaller therapeutic pool outside is really warm. My daughter thought it was too hot for her so we spent more time in the other big pool. I had expected more variety with different pools and different temperatures. Instead, there is the therapeutic pool, the large pool, and the pool that has the lap swim and diving board. The slides weren't operational this time of year so my daughter just enjoyed the diving board but there wasn't much else for her to do besides walk around/sit in the warm water. There are these whirlpool "chairs" that are built into the side of the pool in the therapeutic pool. You put coins into a vending area that looks like something from a laundromat. It was so old I was just surprised it still works! Many people were using the "chairs" but we never tried them.

There are a lot of people who go to just soak and soak and you will see people laid out, legs kicked up on the side of the pool, some couples making out, just a totally different vibe here. It really wasn't geared for kids, but maybe in the summertime the vibe is a little different.

The view is great! The employees were very nice and we were glad we at least tried out the place. I would recommend it for adults, but if your kids go just be sure to let them know that it isn't a water park and that the activities for them are limited. Since there are so many adults that are going to soak and relax, the place is not very loud and did not seem very conducive to kids playing and making noise. I think that would take away from the relaxing part of the place!

I did see a few elderly people and there was one guy who had difficulty walking and the pool is set up well for him being able to get in and walk laps back and forth, which I thought was great! I can see me taking my parents or grandparents and they would probably enjoy it more than my kids!

1  Thank luvlifeandtravel
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went to Glenwood Springs on Amtrak for an anniversary celebration. As big, fat snowflakes fell on our heads, our bodies were warm in 104 degrees! We chatted with locals as we got used to the hot springs water and then we made our way to the lower end of the pool and into the middle pool - about 85degrees - just like bath water. The natural spring water is relaxing and my body stayed warm for hours afterward. Next time I go in the snow, I will wear a knitted ski cap like the locals do. But either way, the hot springs are a natural wonder and an absolute do-not-miss delight. Our hotel provided us with towels.