“Winter Wonderland”

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Franklin
“Winter Wonderland”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Magnificent!! This is the word that comes to mind when I think of our recent stay (12/5-12/11/13) at The Hotel Colorado. Just entering the Hotel made us feel wrapped up in the Christmas Spirit. The decorations were unbelievable...it seemed like no matter how often I walked around the hotel and grounds, I always found something new! The rooms were impeccably prepared and the beds, oh, so comfy for us. The food in both the restaurant and Legends was scrumptious. We enjoyed every bite. I especially appreciated that they offered special "Juice" drinks for those of us who 'juice' at home. They were yummy and very reasonably priced. I had one every morning for breakfast. My husband had everything from cereal to eggs, and it was all delicious. The Front Office Staff was most engaging and helpful. EVERYONE was so kind and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and meet our needs. Kimberly, the Front Office Manager is a real jewel. She was always busy tending to the needs of all that she encountered. Marion and Kathy from Legends were so nice to greet me each morning, as I came down for coffee or tea to sit in front of the fire. The other staff all were equally as nice...just too many to name here.

We travel a great deal. Customer service means a lot to us. This hotel staff goes to all lengths to make your stay pleasurable, restful and memorable.

I would recommend that you put The Hotel Colorado on your list of "to go" places. We plan to come back annually. It is a real treasure, and so reasonably priced.

Thank you, staff, for a trip that will not be soon forgotten!!

Room Tip: The suites on the 5th floor are awesome, especially if you have a family or two couples. The views...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DorothyLouise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Many years ago my husband and I stayed across the river at the Hotel Denver and after walking through the foyer of the Hotel Colorado we vowed to come back and stay. Well last night we did just that with our 14 month old daughter. Our room was part of a AAA incentive package and was the KING room. We arrived and the foyer was beautifully decorated for Christmas so we were so excited, and then rapidly DISAPPOINTED.
Our room was stale and overheated to the point of dehydration. We had no fan and the window had to be proppsed up with a Coca-Cola bottle. The fly screen was broken, there was no tv remote, pulling down the bed covers we found human hairs all over the sheets. The bathroom had horrible scratchy towels that were not completely clean and there were barely any toiletries- certainly not enough for the two adults we were paying for.
We had the window open all night in the dead of winter up in the Colorado mountains and yet it remained that hot that our daughter had to sleep in her diaper just to get sleep and now has a heat induced diaper rash.
In the morning we complained and advised we were checking out immediately, although the hotel refunded the nights accomodation (we had planned to stay three nights- not likely!) we were not offered an upgraded stay and our meal from the previous night was not comped. They advised they would have the heating checked out but did not mention the cleanliness issue.

I would definately not recommend the Hotel Colorado to anyone- dont get fooled by the pretty foyer!

Room Tip: Do not request a room here!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank COAussie

Travelers are raving about these Glenwood Springs hotels

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Our family gathered in Glenwood Springs this year for our Thanksgiving Holiday. There were 9 of us plus 2 dogs and we were so glad we decided to stay at the Hotel Colorado. The staff was so helpful, nice and personable! Kimberly, the front office manager, really took good care of all our needs including arranging for an extra room upon our arrival and, finding a lost beloved stuffed toy animal. We enjoyed 2 wonderful breakfasts and a great Thanksgiving feast in the dinning room. The hotel is so historic that it is like staying at a museum - everyone learned something. We also enjoyed the holiday decorations.
The location is perfect since it is across the street from the hot springs pool and right on the Glenwood Canyon bike path which is great for walking dogs and people! We even saw a large herd of bighorn sheep on Thanksgiving Day just past the tunnel.
Thank you to all the staff for making this a great holiday for our family!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Devereux1893, Front Office Manager at Hotel Colorado, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
You are more than welcome and it was a pleasure assisting you during you recent holiday stay. Many thanks for choosing to stay with us, and we sincerely appreciate all the warm praises. We look forward to accommodating you and your family in the future. Happy Holidays!
Broomfield
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Where do I start? We got there before check in, so we were able to upgrade! The lobby & entire hotel is stunning. The location is awesome for all activities/dining. We stayed in room #551. Jesse, that worked at the front desk....was soooo awesome and fun! (as most of the employees are!). See if you can look at the Molly Brown suite on the 6th floor...the view is amazing on the balcony! Thanks for a great stay! My friend is a teacher & every Veterans Day, we go on an overnight trip. We had a blast, Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
You are very welcome! We are thrilled that you had such a great experience staying with us. We truly appreciate you choosing to stay at the Hotel Colorado and hope to see you again next Veteran's Day.
New Mexico
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We arrived in Glenwood Springs without a reservation and upon sight I decided to try Hotel Colorado. I was pleased to find a vacancy at a reasonable rate. Checking in, i was told that they had a no pet policy and even signed a waiver that I would not have a pet in the room. Then we went to the car to get our bags and passed an adorable Sheltie and her master. Apparently the no pet policy was for my particular room. I love dogs, So, this did not bother me other than the mixed message I received. The room was clean but 100 years old. The bed was a spring mattress that made me feel that I could bounce my wife out with an abrupt movement. I did love the history of the hotel and appreciate that it was still being cared for. And perhaps I was disappointed that I didn't see a ghost wandering the halls.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We apologize for the confusion with the pet policy. We absolutely accept pets, however you must declare them which is what the registration form states. We are certainly glad that you enjoyed our rich history. We are sorry that you did not have a good experience concerning our mattress, as they are only slightly over 2 years old. Thank you for your comments and sorry that you did not see any ghosts.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Colorado for two weeks in celebration of our honeymoon. Now that our vacation is drawing to a close, we don't want to leave. As charming and thought-provoking as the atmosphere of the hotel is, it was the hospitality of the staff that won us over. All of the staff members have been warm and welcoming, rarely have I encountered such courtesy in hotel staff. They have repeatedly gone out of their way to make us comfortable. Kimberly, the front desk manager, routinely checked up on us to see how our stay was going. My wife and I are already planning to return for an anniversary. Thank you Hotel Colorado for helping to make our stay in Glenwood Springs an exceptional experience!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ChadNBeth,

We can't thank you enough for choosing to stay with us on such a special occasion. It was truly a pleasure accommodating you both and we look forward to your return. We sincerely appreciate all of the compliments and warm praises. Please call me directly when you would like to stay with us again. We will be sure to make your 1st anniversary just as amazing as your honeymoon. Congratulations again from the Hotel Colorado!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We chose this hotel as it was closest to the Glenwood activites, the downtown shopping and the Springs Pool. At check in the clerk (Jesse), was extremely friendly and explained what was going on in the community. We have a small dog and the Hotel is PET Friendly for a small fee. The lobby was elegant, two large fireplaces, plenty of seating and easy access to the dining room and the lounge. Our room had a large king bed, with a parlor attached that had a microwave, another TV, refrigerator, a coffee pot and a couch that could have held our two other guests. We noted the room was well appointed and very clean. The 5th floor had many many pictures and articles related to President Teddy Roosevelt and it was easy to meander the halls reading the history of one of the hotels very famous guests. We had room servcie and the server was friendly and the food was excellent. My wife had the tomatoe bisque and I had the Ceasar salad, we both had the strawberry shortcake. During the day and evening there are adirondack chairs throughout the courtyard and two fire pits which were crowded all night. The evening was cool but the fire pits gave enough heat to enjoy sitting out under the stars. The hotel staff were getting ready for the holidays as we saw hundreds of Christmas decorations being place all over the building.

Room Tip: The top floors facing the courtyard offer the morning sun
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Devereux1893, Front Office Manager at Hotel Colorado, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We are thrilled that you and your wife had such a wonderful guest experience while staying with us at the Hotel Colorado. Thank you for selecting the Hotel Colorado, as well as appreciating all that it has to offer. We look forward to accommodating you in the future, and please consider the Hotel Colorado your home away from home.