“Historic hotel with rich history”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Colorado

Hotel Colorado
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
“Historic hotel with rich history”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for just one night and had a nice time. We loved the old feel and that they had kept the Victorian style. We found out after we checked in that the hotel is haunted which added a bit of excitement for us! There was a stain on our floor, but other than that the room felt clean and nice. We visited in October so air conditioning wasn't necessary but they did have a window cooler in the room. We had breakfast at the restaurant and I wasn't very impressed. The food was pretty bland but not overly pricey. Our favorite thing about the hotel was the history you could almost feel there.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We called to see if we could check in a day early... No problem! I had trouble with the key card on the door to our room, Maria was more than patient (it was my operator error). Left the charge cord for my iPad a a previous hotel... Here, see if you can find one in our lost and found. We need certain accommodations for mobility issues, and the room, although very nice, did not work for us, so decided to check out the next day. This time, it was Carol at the front desk, she was more than pleasant about our change in plans. Staff in the restaurant, including Marina, were also helpful and efficient. Beautiful historic property!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Meeting room was clean, organized. Water, coffee, juice always ready. Julianne was attentive to everyone, especially anyone with special needs. Roosevelt room and Colorado room were used. Dinner was best we've had at a banquet setting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hudson, WI.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Let me start out saying I love old antique homes, furniture, etc. But, what I do not like is worn dirty carpet and furniture! The room was small and the furniture was bad. The chair in the room had large worn areas and the bench at the foot of the bed was dirty and stained. The carpet also had stains and spots. The bed was good, though.
The outside garden of the hotel was nice and the lobby was exceptional. I did notice in the AM that dirty glasses were left out in the garden area overnight from guests having drinks the previous night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Glenwood Springs hotels

East Hartland, ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I tend to be a hotel snob and while there were a few things that normally turn me off, I really liked this place.
The bad - the hotel is a little worn.
The good - the hotel is old, charming, bursting with history - huge lobby with many sitting areas - some by big fireplaces. The front courtyard is beautiful too, again, with many different sitting areas. I can imagine just how grand it was back in the day.
The bed was comfortable enough, more comfortable than the resort we stayed at in Breckenridge. The bathroom was sufficient - not impressive.
The hotel is located across from the mineral hot springs.
We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant and I wished I had eaten dinner there. The leather dining chairs were worn which added to the charm. I loved the Victorian furnishings.
Overall, glad I had the experience of staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Commack, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 days here. We had a King suite. We loved it. The only possible complaint was the bed was too soft. The price was right, and the service we received was terrific, especially from Kimberly at the front desk. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Parker, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Hotel Colorado has many good points:
Location is great - across from the Hot springs pool and an easy walk into town.
Price was good as well, for Colorado residents!
Room and bedding, great! I even had a nice view!
Hotel lobby is really nice, and although it was raining...I think the front courtyard must be great in the sunshine.

Where it lacked....... had drinks in the bar....service was slow, and really not that friendly. The house wine was not great.....but then, we had other choices.

The Baron restaurant might be better than what we experienced, but there was a banquet that night, so we didn't get served our meals for OVER an hour and were only told about the reason for the delay when we prompted the server. No apologies, nothing. Food was ok, a bit dry. When I advised the desk upon departure, we did get an apology, but??? For a 'grand' hotel, we expected more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends