Made a last minute reservation while passing through. When checking ey upgraded me to the palor suite. Keep in mind that this part of the state it is not necessary to have air conditioning. The 100+ year old hotel has large windows and high ceilings to help accommodate any warm ambient temperatures. The only downside for our stay was that the pipes bang around 3AM. When I called to the front desk to report they informed me of the regularity of the pipe banging and that if I turn the knob to the left it should subside. Unbeknownst to us, turning the knob to the left turns the radiator on. When I called down to report the heat and "hissing" sound, due to the radiator being on, the lady at the front desk told me that some of the knobs have to be turned left and some to the right.
Other than that, as beautiful quaint establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian-style resort was frequented by former President Teddy Roosevelt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Colorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Resort Glenwood Springs