We stayed at this historic charming hotel when the place was gaily decorated for the Christmas holidays. They have so many wonderful trees; Christmas decorations; and more. We loved sitting in their large lobby by the warm fires and looking at the trees and all. Do stay here if you are coming to Glenwood Springs during the holidays.
We loved the historic feel of the hotel and the many pictures of President Teddy Roosevelt on the walls - it was fun to see him enjoying holiday in the area.
Our room was one of their larger suites - living room area and bedroom with small balcony. We had a nice view of the hot springs pool, trains (we like trains so happy with this) and the river. It was a short walk from the hotel to the hot springs pool which we enjoyed each day we were there.
We enjoyed eating at the lovely hotel dining room - we had trout for breakfast and excellent service. We also had dinner there - and had one of the best desserts ever. Yum! Nice plaec.
Their bar area is a large comfortable room to sit in and comfortable to sit in.
You can also walk to other restaurants in town - we enjoyed the very good Mexican restaurant across the street.
We were traveling by train so the hotel was nice enough to pick us up and drop us off at the nearby Amtrak station.
Overall excellent place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian-style resort was frequented by former President Teddy Roosevelt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Colorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Resort Glenwood Springs