I was driving with family across the state for a business meeting and wanted to find a cool place to stay. We thought the Hotel Colorado would be a change of pace from a chain hotel. On the plus side, if you are going swimming in the hot springs, you can't fina a better location - it is the closest hotel and its across the street. The Hot Springs are not affiliated so you still have to pay the $15 fee to swim. The Hotel was once the hangout for the rich and famous and it is cool to look at the pictures and see the nostalgia and history. That is pretty cool. The hotel is also located close to places to eat and you can walk to the downtown area which is convenient. WiFi and parking are free and the rate was pretty reasonable (around $120 per night). The service was friendly and efficient.
On the downside, it is disheartening to see such a formerly great hotel fall into disrepair. The rooms are small - it looks like they tried to retrofit everything so the bathrooms were probably old closets. You can see the plumbing and electricity. Our table was about to fal apart and the porcelain toothbrush holder by the sink was broken in half. The carpet was a bit threadbare and you could pretty much hear everything outside and in the hallway.
The bed was comfortable and I was able to sleep at night, though and that was the prime issue.
I am glad I stayed there once - it was worth it for the history. I probably won't stay there again, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian-style resort was frequented by former President Teddy Roosevelt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Colorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Resort Glenwood Springs