I attended a 3-day conference at the Hotel Colorado that exceeded expectations. The hotel, built in 1893, has a long and colorful history recorded with historic photographs of numerous presidents and other celebrities' visits through the years. Sprinkler system plumbing is visible in the hallways and rooms (installed by the US Navy in WWII) but I slept better because of it. You should now there is no A/C in the hotel due to its age, but it's not a second thought except for the heat of the summer. The beds are plush, bathrooms well appointed and the room had a large LCD TV. The food was excellent for every meal we had, the staff accommodating and professional. The Hot Springs pool is right across the street and downtown Glenwood a 2-minute walk. Ask for the historical hotel tour offered several times a week. This is a can't-miss stop in Glenwood Springs, whether you stay the night or just stroll through the building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian-style resort was frequented by former President Teddy Roosevelt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Colorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Resort Glenwood Springs