Hotel Colorado
Glenwood Suites(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$177
AscendHotels
Quality Inn & Suites On The River(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$166
QualityInn
Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$181
$173
Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$120
Hampton Inn Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$186
$154
Hampton.com
Best Western Antlers(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$186
$179
Rodeway Inn Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$110
$85
RodewayInn
Glenwood Springs Inn(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
Orbitz.com
Hotel Denver(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
$274
TripAdvisor
Hotel Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)
$219
TripAdvisor
1,167 results
All reviewsteddy rooseveltceiling fanthere is no air conditioninghot springshistorical hotelroosevelt suiteacross the streetgrand old hotelchristmas decorationscoffee shoplots of historyhistoric charmstep back in timemodern amenitiesoutdoor barsitting roomvapor caves
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a company event at the hotel in July and were given a heads up on the fact that the hotel didn't have A/C. Given it's location I didn't expect it to be an issue and knew that it was a nice historic place.

The week we stayed was hotter than usual and had to put a fan in the window of the room. That was OK, but I had to go ask the front desk for an extension cord. Given that 50% of the rooms had fans in them, I would have thought the cord would have been in the room.

From the business side, they "claimed" to have had A/C in the meeting rooms but I couldn't feel it. They were warm and stuffy and after 6 hours of death by power point it was hard to stay awake :-)

Overall:

Pro's: Great historic hotel. It's fun to walk the halls and read the history of the place. It's convenient: you can walk to the hot springs and down-town fairly easily.

Con's: I don't think they are used to business functions: they need to try harder. The rooms could use a makeover (my room had plaster falling from the ceiling). The bar is outside in the courtyard making it hard to have fun without annoying the guests whose rooms face the courtyard.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FlyingSux
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Have been traveling around Colorado for a week when we found ourselves in Telluride during the Mushroom & Art Festival. Looking for a hotel, all the local stuff seemed to be sold out so we decided to drive 3.5 hours to Glenwood for the Hot Springs. We began with TA's hotel reviews and found The Hotel Colorado with various [+/-] write ups but we decided to take a chance. Attempted an online booking with upgrade but only the King Suite was available. Added a note that we would check in late. Arrived around 1030pm. Friendly greeting by the front desk clerk followed by a pleasant surprise.. the property was sold out and she asked if a complimentary upgrade to the Penthouse was OK? She told us we would need to climb one small flight of stairs as the elevator only goes to the fifth floor.

Entering we found a large dining room with coffee maker and microwave.. an adjacent sun porch with setting for morning coffee and paper. The library with flat screen and leather couch. A circular stairs to an upper patio deck (12 could party there easily). Two very large bathrooms and the master with super soft comforter and four grand pillows, another flat screen, window A/C unit and wifi throughout. I looked closely for broken tiles and some of the other stuff people wrote about and honestly couldn't find a thing wrong with this property. Parking on the street was easy, proximity to everything and fantastic views!

If your lucky enough to get this setup be sure to order room service the night before and then forget the rest of the world... cause you have arrived!

Cheers!

Room Tip: When you arrive, ask to see the room.. especially if your picky. Be polite and let the staff know your expectations. Give them first chance to make you comfortable and help you to enjoy your stay.
1  Thank 52AV8TOR
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in August of 2012 while I was on a part business trip and part pleasure trip. The Hotel itself, with it's history and close location to the Glenwood Springs Pool, was great. Actually staying there on very hot August days, was a challenge. We got a corner room on the 2nd floor that was right in the sun, so when we checked in, the room was well over 90 degrees. After closing the curtains and finally placing the box fan in the room, into the window at night to try to pull in some cool air, we were able to get the room cooled off to maybe 80 degrees, but it was very hard to sleep. The plumbing was also difficult as you could never get the shower temperature to stay the same for more than a minute, as it would go from freezing to scalding in seconds and never just right. Breakfast was great downstairs and we would have also eaten dinner there, but the hostess seating people for dinner told us we would have to wait at least 1/2 hour if we did not have dinner reservations (although there were many empty tables all over the place), so we opted to eat at Juicy Lucy's a couple blocks away. After dinner, when we walked back past the outside dinner restaurant at the Hotel, those same empty tables were still there. Oh well, the location was great, actually parking there each time you went to town or left the Hotel was a huge challenge, as there are not near enough parking spaces for the number of rooms, which makes you have to drive around the block several times or end up parking in nearby residential neighborhoods and walking. Overall, the place was good for the History and especially for the location next to the Hot Springs Pool, but lacking in many modern conveniences, such as air conditioning.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night and prepaid through Expedia. Handed over my card for incidentals upon check in and not using any did not occur any charges.

Two weeks after my stay noticed I had $922.22 pending charge on my bank account. Phoned the hotel who told me that the card Expedia had provided to pay for the room didn't work and as a result I had not been checked out properly and was now being charged for a 2 week stay. Was assured charges would be cancelled and not actually post to my account. Next day the pending charge increased to $1322.22, slightly concerned I phoned hotel again who assured me it was going to be cancelled. Next day $82.22 actually posted to my account.

Numerous e-mails and 2 weeks later I still do not have the $82.22 back and am having to file a dispute with my bank. What an annoying waste of time and energy for a rather average hotel.

So if you are going to stay here, don't give them your card upon check-in!

Room Tip: The corner room I had had no Wi-Fi so maybe towards the middle of the building would be better...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Adam R
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I love historic hotels and understand that because of their age they are maintained in that aspect. I love the old grandeur and this hotel is beautiful although our bathroom was in need of repair. However I was disappointed that there was no air conditioning. Other historic hotels provide this without disturbing the historic aspect. It was extremely hot and uncomfortable and I was unable to sleep. There was no full size mirror (couldn't check my appearance for work), just the small one over the sink. There was no hair dryer (how simple a fix is that). Fortunately it was so hot that my hair dried quickly. There was no outlets (for a sleep Apnea machine). A electric strip could take care of this. The bartenders were very, lets say...unfriendly. These are, mostly, pretty simple and expected amenities. Unless you are a history freak, you could do better elsewhere. I was very disappointed.

1  Thank Cheryl M