We stayed 2 nights in August of 2012 while I was on a part business trip and part pleasure trip. The Hotel itself, with it's history and close location to the Glenwood Springs Pool, was great. Actually staying there on very hot August days, was a challenge. We got a corner room on the 2nd floor that was right in the sun, so when we checked in, the room was well over 90 degrees. After closing the curtains and finally placing the box fan in the room, into the window at night to try to pull in some cool air, we were able to get the room cooled off to maybe 80 degrees, but it was very hard to sleep. The plumbing was also difficult as you could never get the shower temperature to stay the same for more than a minute, as it would go from freezing to scalding in seconds and never just right. Breakfast was great downstairs and we would have also eaten dinner there, but the hostess seating people for dinner told us we would have to wait at least 1/2 hour if we did not have dinner reservations (although there were many empty tables all over the place), so we opted to eat at Juicy Lucy's a couple blocks away. After dinner, when we walked back past the outside dinner restaurant at the Hotel, those same empty tables were still there. Oh well, the location was great, actually parking there each time you went to town or left the Hotel was a huge challenge, as there are not near enough parking spaces for the number of rooms, which makes you have to drive around the block several times or end up parking in nearby residential neighborhoods and walking. Overall, the place was good for the History and especially for the location next to the Hot Springs Pool, but lacking in many modern conveniences, such as air conditioning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian-style resort was frequented by former President Teddy Roosevelt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Colorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Resort Glenwood Springs