“What an amazing historical place!!”

Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves
More attraction details
Owner description: The Vapor Caves are other-worldly and perfect for relaxing after a day of outdoor activities.
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I had such a relaxing time at the Yampah spa!! Visiting the vapor caves made my whole vacation. I was greeted right when I walked in with a smile and a warm welcoming. The desk clerk was so helpful, It was my first time there so she took the time to walk me down the hall and show me around and even explained a little bit of the history behind the caves. I ended up booking a wrap and massage package. The seaweed wrap was so relaxing and they took care of me through every step of the way. I had a massage with a gal named Victoria (I do recommend her)! She did an awesome deep tissue massage.

The atmosphere was great and I felt so comfortable being there. It was an all day pass to the caves that came with my package, so after my husband was done skiing, I brought him in to experience the caves. He liked them more then I did. I would recommend this spa to anyone. It's affordable and it's a wonderful piece of Glenwood Springs history.

1  Thank Jessica062
There are newer reviews for Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves

Reviewed January 10, 2011

I went to the Yampa Spa for a manicure, pedicure and massage. The massage was pretty good but I don't have much of a reference to go off of. They kept the music at a nice level so it covered up a lot of the highway noice. It didn't bother me too much. I was told I should wait in the solarium for the manicurist....It was jam-packed with people. Sadly, the Hot Springs Pool was closed for the day so EVERYONE decided to hit up the caves. I've been here before and it's never been this busy. I went up to the 3rd level for the mani/pedi, they were medicore at best. They used nice products but didn't spend a lot of time. They didn't do the scrubbing of the feet, massage of hands or feet....and the setting was NOT relaxing. Once I was finished they had me go back down stairs to let my nails dry. Let me tell ya...walking down two flights of stairs with lotioned up feet in flip flops does not equal good things. The mani/pedi process was supposed to take 50 minutes each but they got me out of there within 45 minutes for both. Not worth the money at all. Take your business elsewhere.

3  Thank BennySnow
Reviewed September 26, 2010

we did the vapor caves and they were wonderful!!! a great experience and a must do.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

First what I liked about Yampah: My friend and I called the day before, so they were able to book us with short notice and were friendly on the phone. The massage therapist did a great job and was friendly and professional, but not overly chatty.

The negative: Outdated dirty looking facility. Massage was in what seemed like a makeshift cubicle, you could hear people in the rooms next door, it didn't seem very clean. Nobody offered us any water or tea, etc. on arrival, though when we left we saw a jug sitting in another room that we assumed was for clients.

On arrival, the receptionist pointed down the hall, and told us to change in to the robes they provide. We had to ask where the changing area was, where the bathrooms were, showers, etc. (the shower is actually one big group shower, no privacy in the shower, bathroom, or changing area. These areas are all 3 separate areas too, so you have to walk around in your robe l up and down the hall, and if you're on the private side like me, it's a little awkward!.

The woman who did my facial was young, looked like she was still in high school. She didn't ask about my skin sensitivity or anything, just applied something. She didn't explain anything that she was doing or even pretend to be interested in me or what she was doing.

After she applied whatever it was she applied (I really don't think it was Aveda product as I signed up for) she left the room with me sitting there with the hot steam treatment blowing on my face. She didn't say how long she'd be gone, just left and said she'd return. After 25 MINUTES I was overheated, my face felt like it was on fire! I turned the machine off myself, and about 5 min. later she came in, didn't say a word, and removed the stuff on my face and said I was done.

I expected a couple different things on my face for the terribly high cost of my facial, I believe it was at least 150 dollars! The only time she showed any interest was when she walked me to the checkout desk and told me what products they sold that she recommended I buy!

It was terrible service and both my friend and I thought our faces were red and burned from whatever she applied on them and too much hot steam. The room that I had the facial in was very hot and you could hear everything in the surrounding rooms, not relaxing at all.

Oh, my friend and I accidentally walked into the spa a few blocks up the road while looking for Yampah. It was lovely, and relaxing, and we so wished we had gone there. I'm sorry I dont remember the name of it, but do not go to Yampah if you have a relaxing facial/spa atmosphere in mind. The prices are very high, so we expected a much nicer and more professional salon and staff. Check out one of the other highly recommended spas in town instead.

3  Thank elleleegreen
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I think my experience would have been more pleasant if the lady who did my spa treatment could speak english. This my first body wrap experience, and I wanted to converse and ask questions about what to expect, but she had a very limited ability to converse with me. I didn't know at any time what she was doing to me, how long she would leave me laying there when she left the room... Some friends that were with me were forgotten about at the end of their treatment, and had to unwrap themselves and find their own way to the shower, which was dirty because I had just got out and no one cleaned it or replaced the towels with clean ones.

3  Thank leaker88