“vapor caves are great”

Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves
More attraction details
Owner description: The Vapor Caves are other-worldly and perfect for relaxing after a day of outdoor activities.
Reviewed September 26, 2010

we did the vapor caves and they were wonderful!!! a great experience and a must do.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

First what I liked about Yampah: My friend and I called the day before, so they were able to book us with short notice and were friendly on the phone. The massage therapist did a great job and was friendly and professional, but not overly chatty.

The negative: Outdated dirty looking facility. Massage was in what seemed like a makeshift cubicle, you could hear people in the rooms next door, it didn't seem very clean. Nobody offered us any water or tea, etc. on arrival, though when we left we saw a jug sitting in another room that we assumed was for clients.

On arrival, the receptionist pointed down the hall, and told us to change in to the robes they provide. We had to ask where the changing area was, where the bathrooms were, showers, etc. (the shower is actually one big group shower, no privacy in the shower, bathroom, or changing area. These areas are all 3 separate areas too, so you have to walk around in your robe l up and down the hall, and if you're on the private side like me, it's a little awkward!.

The woman who did my facial was young, looked like she was still in high school. She didn't ask about my skin sensitivity or anything, just applied something. She didn't explain anything that she was doing or even pretend to be interested in me or what she was doing.

After she applied whatever it was she applied (I really don't think it was Aveda product as I signed up for) she left the room with me sitting there with the hot steam treatment blowing on my face. She didn't say how long she'd be gone, just left and said she'd return. After 25 MINUTES I was overheated, my face felt like it was on fire! I turned the machine off myself, and about 5 min. later she came in, didn't say a word, and removed the stuff on my face and said I was done.

I expected a couple different things on my face for the terribly high cost of my facial, I believe it was at least 150 dollars! The only time she showed any interest was when she walked me to the checkout desk and told me what products they sold that she recommended I buy!

It was terrible service and both my friend and I thought our faces were red and burned from whatever she applied on them and too much hot steam. The room that I had the facial in was very hot and you could hear everything in the surrounding rooms, not relaxing at all.

Oh, my friend and I accidentally walked into the spa a few blocks up the road while looking for Yampah. It was lovely, and relaxing, and we so wished we had gone there. I'm sorry I dont remember the name of it, but do not go to Yampah if you have a relaxing facial/spa atmosphere in mind. The prices are very high, so we expected a much nicer and more professional salon and staff. Check out one of the other highly recommended spas in town instead.

3  Thank elleleegreen
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I think my experience would have been more pleasant if the lady who did my spa treatment could speak english. This my first body wrap experience, and I wanted to converse and ask questions about what to expect, but she had a very limited ability to converse with me. I didn't know at any time what she was doing to me, how long she would leave me laying there when she left the room... Some friends that were with me were forgotten about at the end of their treatment, and had to unwrap themselves and find their own way to the shower, which was dirty because I had just got out and no one cleaned it or replaced the towels with clean ones.

3  Thank leaker88
Reviewed April 23, 2009

After reading several Trip Advisor reviews rating this place all over the board, we decided to try it. My husband and adult son got massages, and I got a pedicure. We all loved it. I found the reception areas to be nice enough--- not overdone to be sure, not elegant, but relaxing and nice. The men said that their massages were really good, and they are both picky about this.
I enjoyed my pedicure with a woman named "Alta". She has worked there for 8 years, which tells me that this spa treats their employees well. She was fun to talk to, and gave me a great pedicure.

Reviewed March 14, 2009

I had been to Glenwood several times before and never visited the spa or caves so I was very excited for the new experience. I read a handul of reviews on the place and had no clue what to expect due to such diverse reviews. Let me start off by making you aware that you have to have quarters to use there locker room. Seems kinda silly to have to put 50 cents to use a locker after I just spent over 400 dollars at there spa but , whatever. I wasn't going to let something that little bother me ( just so you come prepared quarters in hand : ). I started off with a mineral bath with my sweetie. I will admit it was a tad bit awkward being lead to a room with a whirl pool and being told " by the way bathing suits are optional." I definatly felt like I was doing something naughty but they told us too, right!? After being left in that room for entirely to long we were lead threw the laudry room up the stairs to a pretty plain room for our couples massage. The massage was actually pretty good. The lady that massaged my boyfriend was a little to chatty in my opinion but they were both friendly and did a good job. After that we got our facials , which I was highly disapointed in. The girls didn't even look old enough to be out of high school and were very unprofessional leaving the room multiple times during the facial. If I could go back I would definatly choose to keep my 150 dollars and lose the facial. After we were done with our treatments we went down to the caves. Maybe I was just expecting to much but I guess I'm the only one that wasn't all that impressed with the caves. They were tiny , only a couple of rooms and there were a lot of people down there. All together we really did have a great time but I think if we were the type of people to let things get under out skin we could have torn that place to peices. So don't go there expecting five star, but it can definately be a great experience if you have a good attitude about it !

3  Thank SanDiegoLeisha