“Not at all what I expected”

Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves
More attraction details
Owner description: The Vapor Caves are other-worldly and perfect for relaxing after a day of outdoor activities.
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I think my experience would have been more pleasant if the lady who did my spa treatment could speak english. This my first body wrap experience, and I wanted to converse and ask questions about what to expect, but she had a very limited ability to converse with me. I didn't know at any time what she was doing to me, how long she would leave me laying there when she left the room... Some friends that were with me were forgotten about at the end of their treatment, and had to unwrap themselves and find their own way to the shower, which was dirty because I had just got out and no one cleaned it or replaced the towels with clean ones.

3  Thank leaker88
in 11 reviews
"robe"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed April 23, 2009

After reading several Trip Advisor reviews rating this place all over the board, we decided to try it. My husband and adult son got massages, and I got a pedicure. We all loved it. I found the reception areas to be nice enough--- not overdone to be sure, not elegant, but relaxing and nice. The men said that their massages were really good, and they are both picky about this.
I enjoyed my pedicure with a woman named "Alta". She has worked there for 8 years, which tells me that this spa treats their employees well. She was fun to talk to, and gave me a great pedicure.

Reviewed March 14, 2009

I had been to Glenwood several times before and never visited the spa or caves so I was very excited for the new experience. I read a handul of reviews on the place and had no clue what to expect due to such diverse reviews. Let me start off by making you aware that you have to have quarters to use there locker room. Seems kinda silly to have to put 50 cents to use a locker after I just spent over 400 dollars at there spa but , whatever. I wasn't going to let something that little bother me ( just so you come prepared quarters in hand : ). I started off with a mineral bath with my sweetie. I will admit it was a tad bit awkward being lead to a room with a whirl pool and being told " by the way bathing suits are optional." I definatly felt like I was doing something naughty but they told us too, right!? After being left in that room for entirely to long we were lead threw the laudry room up the stairs to a pretty plain room for our couples massage. The massage was actually pretty good. The lady that massaged my boyfriend was a little to chatty in my opinion but they were both friendly and did a good job. After that we got our facials , which I was highly disapointed in. The girls didn't even look old enough to be out of high school and were very unprofessional leaving the room multiple times during the facial. If I could go back I would definatly choose to keep my 150 dollars and lose the facial. After we were done with our treatments we went down to the caves. Maybe I was just expecting to much but I guess I'm the only one that wasn't all that impressed with the caves. They were tiny , only a couple of rooms and there were a lot of people down there. All together we really did have a great time but I think if we were the type of people to let things get under out skin we could have torn that place to peices. So don't go there expecting five star, but it can definately be a great experience if you have a good attitude about it !

3  Thank SanDiegoLeisha
Reviewed January 30, 2009

I visited the caves and had an incredible massage after a day spent creating sore muscles. I just let Dustin know of the most troubling spots and he worked all of the stress and soreness out during my 1.5 hours massage. The outside sounds were drowned out by relaxing music and the lights were appropriately dim. I highly recommend the massage as part of the experience.

The caves, if all visitors respect the silence of these depths, are a place to let the mental stress loose in an underground steamy hot environment. The ice-cold water available in hose or shower form is great for dripping over the head when the heat seems to be too much to tolerate any longer.

If the decor was cheesy, I did not notice it, but even if it was cheesy, I'm not sure it really mattered much since the attraction is the natural underground cave.

I've been to Glenwood twice within the last six months and the vapor caves have become a highlight of the visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 4, 2008

Yuck - do not waste your money. This place is totally disgusting, from the 80's teal decor and fake greenery to the 10X10 locker room with carpeting. I had a message and I am pretty sure there is no way the guy was a message therapist, the Hip hop outfit and diamond earrings were a dead givewaway. You also get to receive your massage in a brightly lit room, without music and the soothing sound of highway noise in the background. I also had a "facial". This was two rounds of what felt and smelled like drugstore crap instead of the supposed Aveda products while the aesthesian breathes smoke breath at you.

DISGUSTING - WASTE of money. Drive the 30 minutes to Aspen and get a real spa experience.

1  Thank ColoradoOmar123