“Crazy sauna”

Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves
More attraction details
Owner description: The Vapor Caves are other-worldly and perfect for relaxing after a day of outdoor activities.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went to the underground cave sauna. 125 degrees. Heated by the mineral springs. Really cool. I would love to do this in the winter. I wanted to get a massage but they were booked.

1  Thank AngieG_12
in 13 reviews
"therapist"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I live in the valley, and enjoy Yampah Spa both on my own, and pretty much always when friends/family come to visit. My most recent trip was to introduce my sister to this experience. . This is not a fancy spa, but the vapor caves are invigorating and rejuvenating; there are separate lockers/showers for men and women. The solarium is peaceful--comfortable lounge chairs to hang out, bring a book or magazine. I like to bring a washcloth that I pretreat with oil essence (eucalyptus or lavender), and immerse in a bucket of cold water (buckets are provided in the cave and there is a cold water hose available). Post vapor cave, showers are available, and I bring my own shampoo/conditioner. The women's locker room is very small, sometimes crowded(with lockers available for 10 cents or 25 cents), and they have a hair blower/drier. If you are having a spa treatment, a robe, towel, and flip flops are provided. If you are enjoying the caves sans treatment, bring your own flip flops, and robe. Chilled lemon or cucumber water is available. I have had several masseuses during my visits; each massage was a little different, but all were heavenly. My opinion is that you cannot find a better spa experience in this area for $79.

1  Thank Debra H
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I tried the caves only. You definitely need sandals. You walk down a flight of stairs into the caves which have a sulfur smell from the hot spring water. The cave is underground and has separate chambers. It's a little creepy and not recommended for someone who has bad anxiety or is cloister-phobic. The caves are on the small side. There were only about 5 other people there at the same time. Would not be very enjoyable if there is a lot of people.

1  Thank DK_KNIGHT42
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I relaxed with a mineral bath before venturing into the hot, hot, hot... And wonderfully humid... Vapor caves. The steam does amazing things for your breathing and your skin and is quite relaxing if you can bear it! This is a unique and recommended experience. Way better than any suana. The only negative is that the exterior and interior could use some updating.