“Massage heaven.”

Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves
More attraction details
Owner description: The Vapor Caves are other-worldly and perfect for relaxing after a day of outdoor activities.
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I would suggest if you are going to the caves and getting a massage that you go to the vapor caves first. Ten minutes was about all we could take the steam heat. This was my husband's first massage, and we both were very pleased with our massages.
My hip had been hurting for two months, and I had no pain after the massage.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Not modern upstairs in the non cave area, should do some upgrades or not b/c you wil lose the originality ....? The cave is nice to sit in, bring your towel or washcloth inside to cool off the cloth with the cold water shower inside the cave. Massage was good, staff is helpful. The mineral bath area needs an upgrade. Overall it's relaxing and does the job. Just don't go in and expect it to be the Ritz and you will be content and relaxed.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

As some have pointed out, the facility isn't perfectly modern. Well, that was part of the fun for us. For safety reasons, it seems they need to recommend that you only stay in the "caves" for a short period of time. Most people have no problem staying longer. Go for some deep relaxation and having your lungs cleared out as a huge bonus. Not too steamy and only a very slight mineral smell to the steam. Bring a hand towel to soak in the cold water they provide and cool down with the wet towel from time to time.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I signed up for a 1.5 hour massage and spa treatment. The staff were very friendly and I enjoyed the experience. The vapor cave experience was "interesting". It smelled weird ( due to sulphides and other minerals in the vapor) but it felt very relaxing. I opted for an additional 20 minute OXYGEN treatment ( breathing pure oxygen?) which did wonders for the headache nausea that I had from altitude sickness. My headache was gone in 5 minutes. It was so effective for altitude sickness that I took my son there for just an oxygen treatment later that same afternoon. I would visit this unique spa again. It was not as luxurious as other spas I have attended but it was a relaxing and unique experience. The private hot mineral spring-water soaking tub was nice too.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a great place for relaxing. Sitting in the vapor caves is like sitting in a sauna and it just feels so good and is very affordable!! Highly recommended. They have other spa services too...massages, mani/pedi, hair salon...and they do a great job!!