“Loved Yampah!”

Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves
More attraction details
Owner description: The Vapor Caves are other-worldly and perfect for relaxing after a day of outdoor activities.
Denver, Colorado
“Loved Yampah!”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband and I took our first vacation in over 7 yrs to Glenwood Springs. We did rafting which was absolutely amazing but loved Yampah.
Looking at their site we knew exactly what to expect when we went there. The caves were awesome, dark and steamy just like vapor caves should be and the service was wonderful.
The woman at the front desk showed us around and explained what we were supposed to do. The mud wraps were awesome, Candace did a great job of keeping us cool and hot at the same time and she was wonderful as my massage therapist.
The spa was quaint and clean. I have wanted to visit this spa for years and it was exactly what I expected...an amazing experience! I can't wait to go back!

Frisco, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Will not be returning... icky!”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

One might say, well what were you expecting? Honestly I was open minded and did not have any expectations.

The caves were dark, and so were the two treatment rooms I went to. There were plastic curtains separating the areas within the cave - when I had to touch the curtain to get thru I almost gagged. There were a couple people down there with BO, everyone was sweating - I wondered how anything ever got cleaned. It was really dark with little puddles of water on the ground - absolutely wear flip flops. It was not my cup of tea - AT ALL. The person moaning a room over had my friend and I raising eyebrows at each other. The guy who hocked a loogie in one of the rooms sent me flying back upstairs.

The solarium is where people come from the caves to sit and cool down - This should have an attendant wiping down the chairs after each person gets up. The wrap we received was lame - waste of money. And when the reused exterior blanket was flopped over on my face, I gagged. The shower had a smear of something on the curtain, the attendant put our clean towels on the public TOILET! GROSS!

I understand I may sound germaphobic - but I made it thru, a germaphobe would have left asap. If you could care less about intermingling bodily juices/fluids then this place is for you! Enjoy... its all yours! lol

4 Thank 1FourFun
Colorado Springs, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Awful Service”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This spa is horrible. My husband and I book wraps and a massage. I had the e-wrap which was so uncomfortable I could not breath. Aittle more info ahead of time would have helped. Afterward, my massage was not on their books! I was expected to sit for an HOUR and wait on my husband. I left the spa and went back to our hotel. Vapor caves were flooded, service was terrible, front desk was not firendly or helpful. Save your money, and go somewhere else.

3 Thank GLFCHK228
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an amazing historical place!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I had such a relaxing time at the Yampah spa!! Visiting the vapor caves made my whole vacation. I was greeted right when I walked in with a smile and a warm welcoming. The desk clerk was so helpful, It was my first time there so she took the time to walk me down the hall and show me around and even explained a little bit of the history behind the caves. I ended up booking a wrap and massage package. The seaweed wrap was so relaxing and they took care of me through every step of the way. I had a massage with a gal named Victoria (I do recommend her)! She did an awesome deep tissue massage.

The atmosphere was great and I felt so comfortable being there. It was an all day pass to the caves that came with my package, so after my husband was done skiing, I brought him in to experience the caves. He liked them more then I did. I would recommend this spa to anyone. It's affordable and it's a wonderful piece of Glenwood Springs history.

Visited December 2010
1 Thank Jessica062
Glenwood Springs, Co
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Spa is not worth the money”
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I went to the Yampa Spa for a manicure, pedicure and massage. The massage was pretty good but I don't have much of a reference to go off of. They kept the music at a nice level so it covered up a lot of the highway noice. It didn't bother me too much. I was told I should wait in the solarium for the manicurist....It was jam-packed with people. Sadly, the Hot Springs Pool was closed for the day so EVERYONE decided to hit up the caves. I've been here before and it's never been this busy. I went up to the 3rd level for the mani/pedi, they were medicore at best. They used nice products but didn't spend a lot of time. They didn't do the scrubbing of the feet, massage of hands or feet....and the setting was NOT relaxing. Once I was finished they had me go back down stairs to let my nails dry. Let me tell ya...walking down two flights of stairs with lotioned up feet in flip flops does not equal good things. The mani/pedi process was supposed to take 50 minutes each but they got me out of there within 45 minutes for both. Not worth the money at all. Take your business elsewhere.

Visited January 2011