“Convenient and reasonable”

Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We used this hotel during a stay for a conference at the University of Denver which is nearby. It is easy access off I-25 and an easy trip downtown on wide boulevards. We looked towards the mountains from an 8th floor room (fire in Boulder and all). Beds were comfy as expected of this chain. Breakfast a bit awkward as our scientific meeting coincided with a national high school women's softball tournament: very nice kids but the hotel was totally full. Easy access to the Art Museum, historic homes, and the marvellous Botanic Garden. Room was comfortably air-conditioned even in the unusual 105 degree heat. An excellent Whole Foods is right across the street for salads and snacks to go.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Salt_City_Sue
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Hello and thank you for reviewing your stay with us! It sounds like our location worked out great for your stay. Due to our location, product, and service, we have a very wide variety of guests in our hotel and it sounds like you experienced that first hand! We enjoy being able to serve guests of all types from all over the world. Our guest's satisfaction is our number one priority and I hope we were able to meet and exceed all of your expectations. Thank you for choosing us during your visit and I hope you choose us again should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The rooms were comfortable and well maintained. The front counter staff were very good and very helpful with the only exception being the grumpy 'mature' lady who really didn't seem to like anyone. The food at breakfast left na lot to be desired, the eggs (if you can call them that) were of the pre-prapared powdered variety. Don't bother with anything other than a cup of coffee, get a feed elsewhere. It is close to Cherry Creek and then a short taxi ride into the night club area down town. It is right next to Infinity Park which is perfect for watching the Glendale Raptors play Rugby Union. It is very close to the Ị so getting around is very easy, even in peak hour.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Barge010

Thank you for your review during your stay with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was mostly helpful during your stay, we will look into the service issues you mentioned and ensure that each employee is providing service that will make our guests 100% satisfied. I am also happy to hear that our location worked well for your visit. I would like to apologize for your perception of our breakfast. We do not use artificial products in any of our breakfast items and provide a wide variety of hot items, make your own waffles, and many other continental items. I will personally look into the issues you mentioned and ensure that the items are being prepared appropriately. Thank you for your review and for choosing us for your visit, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. I picked this hotel this go around, as it is just off of I-25 with great access to downtown or other parts of the Denver metro area. In addition to the great freeway access this hotel is very close to many shops including Super Target, King Soopers, and Barnes & Noble. There are also many eateries very close to this property. The staff at the hotel is very friendly and welcoming. Our double bedded room was very nice. It including a mini fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, and work desk with chair. In addition the beds were very comfortable and made for a very restfully nights sleep. Also offered was free wi-fi service that worked great with my friend's laptop. In addition the hotel also offers a business center with internet access and a printer. The free breakfast was very tasty with many options including fresh waffles, sausage, juice, and much more. Only downside was a slow draining tub.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wyotraveler33
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Hello, and thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, especially from a repeat guest. I am glad that the location was convenient for your needs during your stay. I am also happy to see you enjoyed all of our complimentary ammenities that we provide to all of our guests. I am most pleased to hear your comments on our friendly staff. Our staff takes much pride in providing superior service to each and every guest and love hearing comments commending their efforts. Again, thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed one night on our way to the Grand Canyon and the rooms were beautiful (outside windows were dusty and needed cleaning). The hotel felt luxurious and was in a good location for tourists on long drives. It was near Westgate, with its restaurants and bars but be careful if you go to Westgate on a Thursday, as there is a gathering of serious motor cyclists on that evening and it gets very busy and noisy. Our main complaint with the hotel was that with delicious items on offer for breakfast, everything was served using disposable plates and cutlery! This fast-food image did not suit an upmarket hotel. this could be remedied and the whole thing could be wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello! Thank you for reviewing your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you were generally happy with your stay, and I will personally ensure that the problems you mentioned are remedied to our capability. I hope your vacation to the Grand Canyon was enjoyable and if you pass through Denver again, I hope you choose to stay at our property again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here for work. It was in a good location as it took me about 12 minutes to get DT (I stayed here because this was the closest hotel to DT that I could find). I have stayed at a lot of Hampton Inn's and this one didn't have that warm welcoming feel that most of the other ones do. I'm not sure why. The room was pretty basic and though the beds were comfortable it felt sterile. I think it's an older one so maybe that's why. My favorite HI&S is the one in Crystal City VA (Washington DC). I gave that a five star so I keep comparing all other HI&S to them. Bottom line-I'd stay here in a pinch but there are nicer hotels nearby for a few dollars more that would be more comfortable. BTW they have to stop spraying that airfreshener.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry that we weren't able to impress you with our rooms and ammenities, however we are proud to announce that we will be undergoing a full renovation this winter. Our hotel will undergo a beautiful transformation and we believe our guests will be blown away by the completely different look in our public areas as well as our guest rooms. I hope that you would choose our hotel again and are able to see the hotel post-renovation.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

It's hard to write a review when we got a free room. The room was nice. It was big and open and plenty of space. It was during summer though and the air conditioner was always running it seemed and it never felt cool. We were dying on the mid of the day from the heat. The only time we weren't dying was when night hit and it was colder outside then it was in our room. I had to sleep on the sofa sleeper and i have to say it was the worst I've ever experienced. I actually took the mattress pad of the frame of the sofa and slept on the floor with it, that is how bad it hurt to sleep on. The pad i think was the problem it was super thin and old and you could feel the metal in your back as you tried to sleep. I will say the king bed was very comfy.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Hello David,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and your experience. First, I would like to apologize for the issues of the AC unit and the mattress on our pull out sofa. We will be sure to repair these issues immediately. It sounds like we were able to implement our 100% Hampton Guarantee, and I hope that helped ease the problems you experience. Again, thank you for making us aware of this experience and we hope that you would consider choosing our hotel again in your future travels.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times over the last 3 years our son has been in Denver obtaining his Ph.D. from the University of Colorado. Each time, very quiet, spotlessly clean, very friendly staff, good breakfast. The indoor pool and hot tub are very clean. The neighborhood seems to be free of crime. Conveniently close to just about everything in Denver, and on a main street--Colorado, that connects with all parts of the city without much hassle (Denver city traffic is pretty congested no matter where you go....). They always have cookies in the afternoon, and coffee and tea is available 24 hours a day. We will stay here again, we love it!

Room Tip: This time, we stayed in a room with a hot tub and king bed. These are well-maintained and spotlessl...