“Wish I lived there!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Houston, Texas
“Wish I lived there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I was helping my son move to a nearby apt. in Denver and we stopped by to see if the Hampton had room and if it was affordable. The rate was so reasonable and we enjoyed our stay. Even my son commented how kind and helpful the front staff was, which they were. The hotel has a great location - close to great shops and hiking. The exercise room is open 24 hours and the pool/hot tub until midnight. There are cookies and flavored water always available at the front as well as bagged breakfasts to go. The breakfasts are delicious and a little different each day. The room is excellent for working because of the desk and internet, if needed. The bed and pillows are the most comfortable of any hotel I've stayed in. I can't wait to return to see our son. I told my husband that's where we'll stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Hello Linda M,

Thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The staff loves to hear feedback like this and we love turning current guests into repeat guests. I am glad we are so conveniently located for your needs and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Ryan Foltz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

wonderful stay.
great breakfast, but over crowded.
two computers but very slow.
great room
very comfortable beds.

Room Tip: no comments
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello! Thank you for your response! I am happy to hear you think our hotel is "cool". We think our guests are cool and appreciate every one of them. Thank you for your time to review your stay.

West Hartford, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've found this Hampton Inn to be a great place to stay when visiting my daughters who live in the Cheesman Park area. Easy access to I25, Cherry Creek Mall, and the great shops and restaurants in the Cherry Creek area. Close to the Botanical Garden, Science Museum and Zoo. Not as expensive as downtown Denver hotels, free parking and within walking distance of several chain restaurants and a Whole Foods grocery store. I've also stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn three blocks away which is a newer, more modern hotel but is typically more expensive and doesn't have microwaves or refrigerators in the room and doesn't offer Pay Per View movies in the room. Hampton Inn provides free breakfast in the morning and warm cookies in the afternoon but does not have an on-site restaurant. Staff is personable and always willing to help out. It has become my home-away-from-home!

Room Tip: West facing rooms have a lovely view of the Rockies (behind the strip mall across the street).
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Hello lisammc285,

Thank you for your review! I always enjoy guest feedback because we are able to look at things from a guest perspective. Our staff always strives to make sure we go above and beyond expectations and I am glad thay you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you were able to enjoy the many attractions that are very close to our hotel. We are happy to hear that we are your "home away from home", we will do everything we can to make sure you always have a positive experience at our hotel. Again, thank you for being a loyal customer and for taking time to give us feedback. I hope to see you soon at the hotel.! Have a great day and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

Clean hotel, nice staff, cookies were good, loved the refreshing cucumber water, quiet room. The pool was a bit cold, and the hot tub definitely hot, but those are personal preferences. Our room did not have the warmest shower either, but we were on the 6th floor. All in all a pretty good experience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Hello eberhardtdds,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like you were able to enjoy the complimentary features of our hotel. I am happy that you had a great time, and most importantly, you feel that it was worth the money. I am glad that our staff was able to ensure your stay went well. If you ever have hotel needs in this area again in the future, I hope to see you at our hotel again. Thank you again for your review. Hope you've been enjoying the holidays and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Great location, great value, and great place to stay! Sheets were fresh, clean, soft, white. Towels were extremely soft. Room was clean. Staff was very nice and helpful. Booked the day of and had a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side have mountain views.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, December 22, 2011
Hello Drew F,

Thank you for your review of the experience you had at our hotel. I will definitely pass this on to our staff as we always strive to provide superior cleanliness, value, and most importantly, guest service. I appreciate your feedback and we would love to have you in the hotel again if your travels bring you back to the area.

South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

The hotel was adequate, but not on par with other Hamptons I have stayed at. It seemed fairly dirty overall... carpets, walls, wallpaper, etc. The "upscale" room I reserved was soooo tiny, not what I am used to at most Hamptons... (time for an update/upgrade to your property!)

The hotel staff was unaware of a promotion that Hampton was having, and was told to work through the Hilton Website to handle... not very professional nor something I had time to do.

I wont be staying at this Hampton again, until it has been updated and a lot of improvements made.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that you can see the mountains from... we did not ask, thus got the back o...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hello cowboychincs,

I would like to personally apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Thank you for the feedback as we will definitely address the issues that you had. We are always looking to improve our product and Hampton has big plans for our hotel in the near future. Thank you for your review and I hope you might consider us again in the future.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

My wife and I drive to Denver from Colorado Springs, once or twice a year, just to get away and have a relaxing, and romantic weekend together. We like to get a room with a whirlpool tub to relax in. The choices are a pretty limited. B&Bs are not really my thing. They are a little like staying in your grandma's spare bedroom The place we usually stay is a little pricey, and we decided we were going to stay an extra night and needed something priced a little lower. I read all the reviews on this hotel, and even though most reviews were favorable, I was a little skeptical. First, this is not exactly my favorite location in Denver. It is too busy, too crowded and too loud. With that said, the location is relatively close to downtown, the zoo, the nature and science musuem, the botanical garden, Dave and Busters and Cherry Creek shopping district. This motel is well off of Colorado Blvd. so the traffic noise is not noticeable. Many of the reviews talked about how great the staff is, but commented that the hotel needed updated. I decided to give it a chance, and honostly I'm glad I did. As for the staff, I didn't have much interaction with them, but the young man at the counter was polite and friendly. I booked online, so check in was painless. It took less than 5 minutes. The lobby was nice. As for our room. I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean. The decor was nice. I"m not a decorator, so I don't know if it was the absolute latest in fashion, but the carpet was clean and not worn, the the linens were clean and nice, the furniture was in good condition, the bathroom was clean. All the fixtures were in good condition. The King bed was very comfortable. The heater and AC worked flawlessly. It is October in Colorado and yes, we used both. Many people have commented on the old 25" CRT television. Our room was updated with a new flat screen tv. I peronally am not a fan of watching distorted standard resolution tv on what is essentially an oversize computer monitor, but to those who are concerned about it, the room does have a flat/wide screen tv. The hot tub was nice. It was a little small, and the motor/pump was noisy. It had only four jets, but with that said, this is what I consider to be a budget priced room, so in my opinion, it was a very nice ammenity. The tub was in the room, not in a bathroom, so we could relax in our tub IN our room. I liked that. Our room was on the 5th. floor, East side of the hotel away from all the hustle and bustle so it was absolutely peaceful. We didn't hear a thing the whole time we were there. This room served our purpose perfectly. A lot of people commented on the breakfast buffet. Here is my opinion. If you've ever stayed at a hotel that has this type of free breafast, you know what is offered. This breakfast had all the normal choices. It is not intended to be a full service breakfast. If you want that, there are plenty of restaurants in the area. We were able to get a decent breakfast, fast and free, without leaving the hotel. The dining area was nice, clean and quiet. For this type of breakfast, I would rate it above average. I walked around and looked at some of the other ammenities. They have conference rooms, which we did not use. They have a small guest laundry, They have a little store in the lobby where you can buy snacks and convenience items. They have an indoor pool, with a smaller wading pool. They have a VERY SMALL workout room, and a VERY SMALL business center. The business center has a small counter with two computers, a printer and some phone books. We did use one of the computers to look up and print an address. One thing that struck me was that they offer free wi-fi. I did not take my laptop with me, but pricier hotels we have stayed in before charge $10.00 per day for internet. The bottom line is I would stay here again. I like to try different places, but I am always looking for a place I know I can go to and not worry about what kind of surprises await me. This hotel is a great choice and a very good value. I recommend it for budget minded business and/or pleasure.

Room Tip: East side rooms are away from Colorado Blvd. Very quiet. West side rooms offer a mountain view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello Steve B.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough and detailed account of your experience at our hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time while staying here. We have and are continuing to upgrade our hotel and we hope that all guests are able to enjoy their stay with us. Again, thank you so much for your review and I hope to see you again here at the hotel in the future!

Ryan Foltz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!