“Clean, comfortable and relaxing”

Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My wife and I drive to Denver from Colorado Springs, once or twice a year, just to get away and have a relaxing, and romantic weekend together. We like to get a room with a whirlpool tub to relax in. The choices are a pretty limited. B&Bs are not really my thing. They are a little like staying in your grandma's spare bedroom The place we usually stay is a little pricey, and we decided we were going to stay an extra night and needed something priced a little lower. I read all the reviews on this hotel, and even though most reviews were favorable, I was a little skeptical. First, this is not exactly my favorite location in Denver. It is too busy, too crowded and too loud. With that said, the location is relatively close to downtown, the zoo, the nature and science musuem, the botanical garden, Dave and Busters and Cherry Creek shopping district. This motel is well off of Colorado Blvd. so the traffic noise is not noticeable. Many of the reviews talked about how great the staff is, but commented that the hotel needed updated. I decided to give it a chance, and honostly I'm glad I did. As for the staff, I didn't have much interaction with them, but the young man at the counter was polite and friendly. I booked online, so check in was painless. It took less than 5 minutes. The lobby was nice. As for our room. I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean. The decor was nice. I"m not a decorator, so I don't know if it was the absolute latest in fashion, but the carpet was clean and not worn, the the linens were clean and nice, the furniture was in good condition, the bathroom was clean. All the fixtures were in good condition. The King bed was very comfortable. The heater and AC worked flawlessly. It is October in Colorado and yes, we used both. Many people have commented on the old 25" CRT television. Our room was updated with a new flat screen tv. I peronally am not a fan of watching distorted standard resolution tv on what is essentially an oversize computer monitor, but to those who are concerned about it, the room does have a flat/wide screen tv. The hot tub was nice. It was a little small, and the motor/pump was noisy. It had only four jets, but with that said, this is what I consider to be a budget priced room, so in my opinion, it was a very nice ammenity. The tub was in the room, not in a bathroom, so we could relax in our tub IN our room. I liked that. Our room was on the 5th. floor, East side of the hotel away from all the hustle and bustle so it was absolutely peaceful. We didn't hear a thing the whole time we were there. This room served our purpose perfectly. A lot of people commented on the breakfast buffet. Here is my opinion. If you've ever stayed at a hotel that has this type of free breafast, you know what is offered. This breakfast had all the normal choices. It is not intended to be a full service breakfast. If you want that, there are plenty of restaurants in the area. We were able to get a decent breakfast, fast and free, without leaving the hotel. The dining area was nice, clean and quiet. For this type of breakfast, I would rate it above average. I walked around and looked at some of the other ammenities. They have conference rooms, which we did not use. They have a small guest laundry, They have a little store in the lobby where you can buy snacks and convenience items. They have an indoor pool, with a smaller wading pool. They have a VERY SMALL workout room, and a VERY SMALL business center. The business center has a small counter with two computers, a printer and some phone books. We did use one of the computers to look up and print an address. One thing that struck me was that they offer free wi-fi. I did not take my laptop with me, but pricier hotels we have stayed in before charge $10.00 per day for internet. The bottom line is I would stay here again. I like to try different places, but I am always looking for a place I know I can go to and not worry about what kind of surprises await me. This hotel is a great choice and a very good value. I recommend it for budget minded business and/or pleasure.

Room Tip: East side rooms are away from Colorado Blvd. Very quiet. West side rooms offer a mountain view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Hello Steve B.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough and detailed account of your experience at our hotel. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time while staying here. We have and are continuing to upgrade our hotel and we hope that all guests are able to enjoy their stay with us. Again, thank you so much for your review and I hope to see you again here at the hotel in the future!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have stayed multiple times, usually for 4-5-6 nights each visit. In Denver for business plus relaxation. There are lots of convenient places to eat along Colorado blvd. The hotel is tucked behind a BMW dealership so it is pretty quiet, just a half block off the main street. The rooms are spacious, comfortable. Lots of pillows and everything is clean. I usually get a king bed so there will be a couch and coffee table in the room. The staff is very friendly and they put out a tray of great cookies early in the evening out in the lobby. They have an indoor pool and hot tub. Small exercise room. Lots of parking places. They furnish a free breakfast buffet that is average. Waffles, cereal, overcooked eggs, fruit, juice, coffee. Same old, same old but it is clean and handy if pressed for time. Good internet wi-fi.

Room Tip: I like a reservation far enough in advance to get a ground floor room. Don't have to wait on the...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2011

Hello HDSlowride,

Thank you for your review. Our guest's feedback is very important to us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek so we can continue to improve and impress! I'm happy to hear that you enjoy the location and convenience of our hotel. I would like to also thank you for being a repeat guest, we understand that our guest's have many options when looking for a hotel and we appreciate it when guest's such as yourself make us your choice again and again. I hope you are having a great fall and we look forward to your next stay at our hotel!

Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed at your hotel last week in a double bed room and was pretty impressed. The Hotel over all was very nice! The staff was very helpful, the breakfast was good. The beds were very comfortable and clean! Im just Overall impressed, I have stayed at Hamptons before and this stay just left me "Overall impressed"! The part of Denver its located in was a very nice area as well!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Hello KCtraveler55,

Thanks for posting a review about your recent stay at our hotel! I will definitely share your comments with my staff, they always love to hear stories about satisfied guests and to see that their hard work is paying off. Again, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Check in was smooth, I was recognized as a Hilton Diamond member and upgraded to a suite, the lobby is typical Hampton Inn, clean, the suite was nice with all the amenities, frig, dishes, etc. There is a large balcony with decent view. The hotel is located in walking distance of shopping and resturants. Overall not a bad stay,it is time for an update however the service and cleanliness makes up for the age.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Hello mel88hrman,

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am also glad that we were able to make up for any shortcomings with our service. Our staff always tries to "wow" every guest and I hope you felt their desire to serve you. I would also like to thank you for being a loyal guest to our brand, becoming a Diamond member requires our guests to be very loyal and stay many nights away from home. We hope we were able to make your stay feel as close to home as possible.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed over one night while visiting family in the area. We enjoyed the location in a shopping district -- walk to Whole Foods, Starbucks, Staples, Home Depot... The hotel shows its age. Staff was very responsive and helpful for our 4 pm check-in.

Pros: Easy booking online, nice mountain view suite with large balcony, lots of room space, full service kitchen, LG tvs with game console, balcony opens to living area and bedroom, big king-size bed, clean interior.

Cons: Sofa is decrepit (we stuffed four pillows under the cushions to make it servicable), A/C is noisy, bed pillows are lumpy, bathroom is too small and unvented, overall appearance is worn and dated.

Price was about average value, so we may stay here again because its location.

Room Tip: King suite appears to be the best value. Book online. Arrive early.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HumminAlong
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Hello HumminAlong,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Being within a close vicinity of local shops, eateries, and convenience stores and I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location. I am also very happy to hear that our staff was very responsive to your needs, guest service is our number one priority. We are constantly upgrading our hotel facilities to better accommodaate and impress our guests. I would like to further discuss the issues you had with your room so we can address the problems and ensure the problems are taken care of. Again, thank you for your business and for your review! Please call or email me if you would like to discuss these issues any further.

303-692-1800
Ryan.Foltz@Hilton.com

Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel is another denver gym. I stayed there during the mini cooper rally. People were friendly, and they really went out of there way to help you. The mayor himself sat down and showed me where the good apartment complexes are. Overall this hotel is it affordable and helpful at a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2010
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Hello nctrnlrdhd,

Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. We definitely enjoyed hosting guests that were here for the Mini Cooper Rally, it was fun to see the cars and talk with our guests. We enjoy being in a tight knit community where our guests sometimes have the chance to sit down and visit with the mayor. Again, thanks for your review and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed August 5, 2011

If there were no "average" there would be no "above average." Similarly, if every hotel looked like the Caesar's Palace, travelers would eventually tire of bathrooms lined in marble. So, allow me to observe that the Hampton Inn Cherry Creek is a supremely average, functional place to stay. It's in a great location near shopping and restaurants. It has an indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness room. The included breakfast offers a you-do-it waffler and a rotating roster of the same hearty, egg-themed, reheatable frozen food items often seen at other hotels in this class. (Literally, the very same items!) Although it's on busy Colorado Blvd, I never heard the traffic. The furniture in the guest rooms is sturdy, neutral and does the job. (One sticking point: the shower water took forever to heat up all three mornings of my stay, and it serenaded me with an extended squeal on morning #1.)

So, what's not to like? I may sound like a grouch, but the Cherry Creek area is a fabulous, newish Denver suburb where high-end boutiques and interesting restaurants coexist with dramatic, high-rise apartments and office buildings. In a neighborhood like this, "functional" looks a little more like "frumpy." So, Hampton: couldn't you jazz the place up a bit? There's a Hilton Garden Inn about a block north on Colorado that totally "gets" the Cherry Creek vibe. Maybe you could stroll down and steal some ideas? [Traveler note: nightly rate at the HGI is about 60% more].

Room Tip: My two-bedded room opposite the elevator was about one-third bigger than my colleague's similar...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Hello Charla,

Thank you for your review! I am glad our location and ammenities were able to suit your needs. We are constantly looking for ways to upgrade our product and appreciate any feedback we get. I hope you choose to stay at our hotel again in the future!

Ryan Foltz - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!