“Good value for Denver” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Hartselle, Al
“Good value for Denver”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have stayed multiple times, usually for 4-5-6 nights each visit. In Denver for business plus relaxation. There are lots of convenient places to eat along Colorado blvd. The hotel is tucked behind a BMW dealership so it is pretty quiet, just a half block off the main street. The rooms are spacious, comfortable. Lots of pillows and everything is clean. I usually get a king bed so there will be a couch and coffee table in the room. The staff is very friendly and they put out a tray of great cookies early in the evening out in the lobby. They have an indoor pool and hot tub. Small exercise room. Lots of parking places. They furnish a free breakfast buffet that is average. Waffles, cereal, overcooked eggs, fruit, juice, coffee. Same old, same old but it is clean and handy if pressed for time. Good internet wi-fi.

Room Tip: I like a reservation far enough in advance to get a ground floor room. Don't have to wait on the...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Hello HDSlowride,

Thank you for your review. Our guest's feedback is very important to us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek so we can continue to improve and impress! I'm happy to hear that you enjoy the location and convenience of our hotel. I would like to also thank you for being a repeat guest, we understand that our guest's have many options when looking for a hotel and we appreciate it when guest's such as yourself make us your choice again and again. I hope you are having a great fall and we look forward to your next stay at our hotel!

Ryan Foltz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Weston, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed at your hotel last week in a double bed room and was pretty impressed. The Hotel over all was very nice! The staff was very helpful, the breakfast was good. The beds were very comfortable and clean! Im just Overall impressed, I have stayed at Hamptons before and this stay just left me "Overall impressed"! The part of Denver its located in was a very nice area as well!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Hello KCtraveler55,

Thanks for posting a review about your recent stay at our hotel! I will definitely share your comments with my staff, they always love to hear stories about satisfied guests and to see that their hard work is paying off. Again, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again in the future!

Greensboro
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Check in was smooth, I was recognized as a Hilton Diamond member and upgraded to a suite, the lobby is typical Hampton Inn, clean, the suite was nice with all the amenities, frig, dishes, etc. There is a large balcony with decent view. The hotel is located in walking distance of shopping and resturants. Overall not a bad stay,it is time for an update however the service and cleanliness makes up for the age.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Hello mel88hrman,

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am also glad that we were able to make up for any shortcomings with our service. Our staff always tries to "wow" every guest and I hope you felt their desire to serve you. I would also like to thank you for being a loyal guest to our brand, becoming a Diamond member requires our guests to be very loyal and stay many nights away from home. We hope we were able to make your stay feel as close to home as possible.

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed over one night while visiting family in the area. We enjoyed the location in a shopping district -- walk to Whole Foods, Starbucks, Staples, Home Depot... The hotel shows its age. Staff was very responsive and helpful for our 4 pm check-in.

Pros: Easy booking online, nice mountain view suite with large balcony, lots of room space, full service kitchen, LG tvs with game console, balcony opens to living area and bedroom, big king-size bed, clean interior.

Cons: Sofa is decrepit (we stuffed four pillows under the cushions to make it servicable), A/C is noisy, bed pillows are lumpy, bathroom is too small and unvented, overall appearance is worn and dated.

Price was about average value, so we may stay here again because its location.

Room Tip: King suite appears to be the best value. Book online. Arrive early.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HumminAlong
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Hello HumminAlong,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Being within a close vicinity of local shops, eateries, and convenience stores and I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location. I am also very happy to hear that our staff was very responsive to your needs, guest service is our number one priority. We are constantly upgrading our hotel facilities to better accommodaate and impress our guests. I would like to further discuss the issues you had with your room so we can address the problems and ensure the problems are taken care of. Again, thank you for your business and for your review! Please call or email me if you would like to discuss these issues any further.

303-692-1800
Ryan.Foltz@Hilton.com
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel is another denver gym. I stayed there during the mini cooper rally. People were friendly, and they really went out of there way to help you. The mayor himself sat down and showed me where the good apartment complexes are. Overall this hotel is it affordable and helpful at a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Hello nctrnlrdhd,

Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. We definitely enjoyed hosting guests that were here for the Mini Cooper Rally, it was fun to see the cars and talk with our guests. We enjoy being in a tight knit community where our guests sometimes have the chance to sit down and visit with the mayor. Again, thanks for your review and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

If there were no "average" there would be no "above average." Similarly, if every hotel looked like the Caesar's Palace, travelers would eventually tire of bathrooms lined in marble. So, allow me to observe that the Hampton Inn Cherry Creek is a supremely average, functional place to stay. It's in a great location near shopping and restaurants. It has an indoor pool, whirlpool and fitness room. The included breakfast offers a you-do-it waffler and a rotating roster of the same hearty, egg-themed, reheatable frozen food items often seen at other hotels in this class. (Literally, the very same items!) Although it's on busy Colorado Blvd, I never heard the traffic. The furniture in the guest rooms is sturdy, neutral and does the job. (One sticking point: the shower water took forever to heat up all three mornings of my stay, and it serenaded me with an extended squeal on morning #1.)

So, what's not to like? I may sound like a grouch, but the Cherry Creek area is a fabulous, newish Denver suburb where high-end boutiques and interesting restaurants coexist with dramatic, high-rise apartments and office buildings. In a neighborhood like this, "functional" looks a little more like "frumpy." So, Hampton: couldn't you jazz the place up a bit? There's a Hilton Garden Inn about a block north on Colorado that totally "gets" the Cherry Creek vibe. Maybe you could stroll down and steal some ideas? [Traveler note: nightly rate at the HGI is about 60% more].

Room Tip: My two-bedded room opposite the elevator was about one-third bigger than my colleague's similar...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Hello Charla,

Thank you for your review! I am glad our location and ammenities were able to suit your needs. We are constantly looking for ways to upgrade our product and appreciate any feedback we get. I hope you choose to stay at our hotel again in the future!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

My father stayed at this hotel while visiting me. I only live a few blocks away so it was convenient. When we got to the hotel and checked in, the first thing he said was how incredibly helpful and friendly the staff was. Now my father is an avid traveler due to his business so he's stayed in many hotels, been to several countries, and seen a spectrum of service so I would believe he knows what he's saying.

This hotel isn't extravagant by any means. It is quaint and has a standard looking lobby. However, they have a selection of interesting room. The one my father stayed in had a jacuzzi or some sort that came with it and that really took me by surprise. Partly because I'm so use to seeing standard rooms of a bed, TV, desk and chairs. It also surprised me because it didn't seem like they would even offer that option.

There is internet access in each room and password changes weekly I believe.

There's also nearby eateries in the same complex such as Tokyo Joe's, Pinkberry, Mod Market (must try!), Cheesesteak Connection etc. Within 5 - 7 minute walking distance from Panera Bread, Cafe Rio, Garbonzo, Ming's Dynasty, Smash Burger, Caitlin's and more. Just across the street is a Whole Foods - organic grocery store.

In the five days I visited my father at this hotel, I always see a plate of delicious, chewy cookies in the lobby for anyone to take. It's a nice little perk.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Hello tiffanymay,

Thank you for your comments regarding your father's stay at our hotel. I am very happy to hear that we were able to make his stay enjoyable. Since we are only a couple blocks away from you, we would be happy to host him here every time he travels to this area. I will share the guest service remarks with the hotel team. They are always happy to hear that they were able to provide excellent service to our guests. Again, thank you for your review and we hope that we can host your future out of town guests!

Ryan Foltz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!