“Really seafood, not fish. No meat choices”

Jax Fish House & Oyster Bar
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Glendale
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Jax Fish House Glendale opened with a splash in June of 2013. We serve the freshest, finest, smartest, and most sustainable seafood this side of anywhere. Join us at our bar, sunbathe on our rooftop patio (Hi Bar), or get down to business in our dining room. Serving Sunday brunch, nightly dinner, and all-day happy hour on Mondays in a welcoming yet wild vibe that sets Jax apart from all the rest.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Mostly seafood, not fish. Pricey and small portions. Convenient to Hilton Garden Inn and Marriott Residence Inn.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Visited Jax for the first (and only) time 07/31/14. Parking is a nightmare. Restaurant is very loud. Then there is the food ... Jax tries to be all "fancy" with its food at the great expense of, well, the food. Fish is not that complicated but Jax makes it so. They only have about 8 or 9 entrees, one of which is not seafood. And each of the entrees has at least one ingredient listed I did not like. I've never had as big a challenge finding something I wanted to eat as I did at Jax. I chose the swordfish because it had the least number of objectionable ingredients. I love swordfish, but not the way Jax prepared it. It was terrible. There was some sauce on it that did not pair well. Beneath it were some greens that had the flavor of green - that was it. Beneath that was some risotto that had the mushy consistency of porridge. I had them leave off the roasted red beets because, well, who the hell really likes beets? The swordfish portion was small, about 6 ounces. And what did I get to pay for this delightful mess? $29.00 for the entree!! Are you kidding me? With tax and tip, I ended up paying almost $40.00 for the worst meal I had ever had ever in my 47 year life. And I did not have a drink, an appetizer, or desert. If you do get these, you'll need a second mortgage to pay the bill and still need to stop at Subway on the way home so you don't starve.

When I got home, I was so hungry I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for about 40 cents. Was 100 times tastier than what Jax tried to ply as food.

If you're thinking of going to Jax, do yourself a favor - take out $100 cash, throw it high in the air in the middle of a street, leave it there and walk away knowing someone will find it and be very happy. Then go anywhere else but Jax and get yourself a good meal.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We love this place when we come to Denver. Oyster on the half shell were excellent. Fresh and sweet. Prawns fresh, sweet, and firm and both served with cocktail sauce and horseradish. JAX is close to the 16th Street Mail and Coors Field as well as Union Station.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We came for the Oyster bar and were surprised that the oysters were served so poorly. There was no liquor (natural juice) in them at all. We ordered several rounds of different varieties hoping to find a good one, but no luck. They were all pretty dull tasting and dry. We brought this to the staff's attention but were told there's nothing they could do about it basically. I'm guessing they're shipped with fresh water ice that just washes the flavor out. Too bad as they offer some good locations that should taste better if handled correctly. Service was a bit slow but friendly. Happy Hour menu items were super tiny for the price. We won't be returning for awhile. Hope the LoDo location is better.

1  Thank WorldTravelerTC
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We recently had a lunch for a large group following my mother's burial service at Jax Fish House. The restaurant set aside a beautiful room surrounded by windows just for our group of over 30 people. They graciously set up a specific menu just for us, complete with a tribute to my mother as a memento. The food was good, the service was attentive and it was a wonderful way for us to say goodbye. Thank you very much!