“Wonderful Stay”

Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at this new property for 3 nights in June. What a great surprise to find that on two of the three nights, the hotel supplied free drinks and a light dinner in the lobby! I think they do this only on week nights, but what a great treat. After coming in from a long work day, I was greeted by a hotel manager and handed a cold beer. Nothing bad I can say about that! My lodging room (as the hotel) was brand spanking new, and I was very impressed with the layout and flow of the suite. I would not hesitate to stay at this property again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Tether12,

I'm thrilled to hear you had such a great stay at our property. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online. Our social hour is a great way for guests to unwind after a long day. We serve a light dinner every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Wine and Beer included. I'm glad you enjoyed it. As you said, we are a brand spanking new Hotel. We are the first of our kind within the Residence Inn brand, and it's wonderful to hear all the great feedback. We look forward to serving you again in the future, don't be a stranger.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel was very new and clean. However, we were dismayed to discover the pull-out queen sofa was actually a small full bed, not a queen. We put our kids to sleep in the king earlier in the evening so my husband and I were stuck in this tiny pull-out. Definitely not a room for 4 people. The breakfast was decent, nothing special. And it was weird the way you eat in the lobby in a small space for how busy it got. Location good for Cherry Creek even though there are strip malls everywhere. Price was great for Denver.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear DGCouple,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor, we appreciate your feedback greatly. I'm sorry if there was any confusion pertaining to the size of our pull-out sofabeds. Each room has their own sofabed equipped with a full-size mattress. In the Hearthroom, seating for breakfast extends past the main dining area where we have 3 nifty booths (each with their own television and AV connections), as well as a long marble table for additional seating.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to serve you again the next time you're back in Denver.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Excellent. Very Clean and Quiet. I think the hotel is brand new. Staff was very pleasant. Breakfast was well stocked and the breakfast staff was especially cheerful. Convenient location to Cherry Creek.

1  Thank Nauticow
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Nauticow,

I'm glad to hear you had such an excellent stay at our property. We are a brand new hotel, and just recently celebrated our 4 month anniversary. Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We look forward to serving you again the next time you're in the Mile High City.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a one night stay here that was very pleasant. The rooms were clean and well-cared for. The staff was helpful and pleasant. The work-out room was fine and the breakfast was good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Smckj,

I'm glad to hear you had such a pleasant stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Don't be a stranger next time you're in town. It'd be a pleasure to have you and your family back at our hotel. Feel free to call us directly to make a reservation. Thanks again, and I hope you have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Staying in Cherry Creek with our teenage son and his friend. This hotel was perfect. Nice kitchen area with microwave, refrigerato, cook top and dishwasher. Comfortable furnishings. Like having separate bedroom. Loved having the workout room, swimming pool and laundry room. Staff are all wonderful and cheerful. They are still finishing up some of the landscaping on this property and due to local construction parking was a little difficult but we dealt with it.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear lmullen,

Thank you so much for the great review, we appreciate the feedback. I'm sorry if parking was a little difficult. Due to the surrounding businesses in City Set our parking lot can fill up quickly. Fortunately there is a large underground parking garage that connects directly to our Hotel. Since your departure our landscaping has been completed, and we now have plush grass and beautiful foliage surrounding the property. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time your in the Mile High City so you can see all of the wonderful improvements.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had an uneventful check in for a 4 night stay in a JR suite. The room was exactly what we needed for a stay while attending a graduation; the kitchen was well equipped for prep work for a BBQ while providing a great location for activities in the area. Access to this new hotel was excellent especially when avoiding the heavy Colorado Blvd. traffic. My wife praised the bathroom while I enjoyed the larger than necessary TV’s. If you are looking for a stay in the Glendale, south east Denver area this property should be on your short list.

1  Thank Josh B

Dear Josh B,

I'm ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay at our new Hotel. We are the first of our kind, and it's feedback like yours that keeps us going strong. Conrgats to the recent Graduate that brought you to the Mile High City. I wish you and your family a wonderful summer, and we hope to have you back again in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in a two bedroom suite with family. It's a little odd to access the property coming from the north, but it's still relatively easy to find the hotel. The hotel has a modern look without standing out at all. There is basically dirt for landscaping at the moment.

Check-in was a little clunky. First I was told that I had two reservations, then it was realized that at some point they had switched my reservation to two adjoining studios and then back again after a cancelation, I guess not deleting one. I was shown where my room was located, where breakfast was, and that was all. Easy enough.

The room was located at the north end of the hotel with a view of the dirt landscaping and a road. The first problem I encountered was an outer door that didn't latch without a good tug. Most people didn't do that, so it remained open every time I went by. Pretty big security issue.

Entering the room, we found a housekeeper finishing up. Housekeeping hours go until 5 pm during the week. But the room was certainly clean and in good order. The amenities were, of course, all brand new, so there's not much to complain about in terms of quality. One bathroom had a tub/shower and the other had only a shower. The shower-only bathroom is private to one bedroom, and the other bath is accessed through the living space. The shower is two-thirds enclosed and otherwise open, so expect plenty of water on the floor. The tub bathroom had no towel racks whatsoever, but the shower bathroom was decently equipped, so long as you don't have swimming suits to dry. Then it's wanting. Neither had a hairdryer.

The bedrooms were small, but adequate. The beds were very comfortable. Even the pull-out wasn't so terrible. The pillows were synthetic, which is just how I like them. There were three large TVs, with an OK channel selection. There was plenty of storage space, with full closets, dresser, and two nightstands in each room, plus large drawers in the living space. The living area had a pullout couch, desk with swivel chair, an arm chair, and a TV tray.

The kitchen came pretty well equipped. Notably absent: corkscrew and bakeware. Though not listed online, there was a full stove/oven. Freezer had an ice maker, which saves the trip down the hall. There was lots of counter space, with seating for four. Design flaw: the dishwasher door must be forced past a drawer handle, and the oven must be open to get the dishwasher door about two-thirds open, and that's the best you can do. But it does still work.

Main drawback: ants. Lots of ants coming from the front door into the kitchen.

The pool and spa were typical. Pool water was too cold, and spa water was too hot to enjoy either for very long. Some problems: the tile around the floor is very slippery, like absurdly slippery for a pool area, and the door to the pool does not close at all due to an uneven threshold. So with the open outer door, anyone's welcome here! And it's a easily fixable safety hazard for children all around.

Breakfast was quite good, though the space is disorganized, with no proper flow from getting plates and utensils to everything else. As such, you basically bounce around the room from one thing to another. Staff, though friendly, seems to have trouble keeping everything stocked. Food is buffet style; make your own waffles, etc. Eggs were unusually good for a hotel. They also had potatoes and meat, oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, cereals, and pastries. Manager could not answer customer about whether or not black tea was available. Customer was offered black cherry herbal tea by the staff. That was pretty funny.

Evening food is available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. It was only available once during our stay. We were offered potato soup, salad, garlic bread, and cookies. Beer and wine were also available in addition to soft drinks. It was sufficient, but not outstanding in any way. In fact, the salad was clearly from a bag and old, supplemented with tomatoes and celery. Perhaps another featured meal would be better.

Lots of grocery stores and familiar restaurants nearby for those having extended stays.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BlakKat
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear BlakKat,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly appreciate your detailed feedback. I'm sorry for the "kinks" you experienced while staying at our Hotel. It appears that there was some miscommunication at check-in with your reservation. Due to an unforseen error, your original room type was no longer available, so we were in the process of upgrading your reservation for two seperate Studios at the same rate.

The northern exterior door being open is a big security issue, and not something we take lightly. Once the problem was reported to the Front Desk, a contractor was called immediately to fix it. All doors have since been repaired successfully.

Due to all the of the storage space it is understandable how some items were not noticeably seen in the room. The hairdryers are tucked away into the cubby holes inside the bathroom counters. Cookware can be found in the lower cabinets of the kitchen, and bottle openers are tucked away with the silverware.

The mentioning of ants was certainly a surprising one, as we are a part of a bi-weekly pest preventative program, and have never had that reported before. Just to be safe we had our external pest control company inspect the property after receving your review.

For the complimentary social hour, we provide 2 substantial meals and one lighter meal throughout the week. I am sorry that you were unable to experience the week's earlier options as they are quite tasty. We rotate our menu every week and provide a range of dinners from Pasta and Meatballs, BBQ, Chili, and Nachos night - to Cheese and Crackers, Soup and Salad, and Milk and Cookies night.

Again thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I hope that next time you're in Denver you'll choose to stay at our property, as we'd love to have you back.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Stapleton
Residence Inn Denver Stapleton

Been to Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!