“I will stay at Staybridge Suites/Cherry Creek whenever I have to return to National Jewish Health.”

Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Topeka, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

My sister & I stayed here for two nights when I had to return to the hospital for evaluation. The staff could not have been any more helpful (and fun) and we both thought they were the primary reason our visit was so pleasant. The room was a nice size, very clean and we appreciated having the use of a kitchenette. Be sure to take advantage of the shuttle if you do not have a car.

• Stayed April 2009
2 Thank jayhawkfan77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

My colleague and I stayed for 5 nights. We had a two bedroom suite and both rooms had a shower/bath/toilet en-suite. There was also a full kitchen and a comfortable living room.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the daily breakfasts were delicious!

Right across the street is a Target store which was perfect for stocking up on drinks and snacks to keep in the room. The Cherry Creek Mall is about a mile away and if the weather is nice you can walk right along the path that runs from behind the creek right to the mall.

We were there for chili dog night and nachos night....and it was good food!

All in all I highly recommend Staybridge Suites Cherry Creek!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank JohninJapan
DENVER
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2009

Nice rooms and friendly atmosphere; A hotel with all amenities, except...one huge negative, the shuttle doesn't run on weekends and though when making the reservation for the weekend, we asked approx what the radius in distance for shuttle service, the hotel verified the times but neglected to mention days of operation were limited. So money we saved with the weekend package was used to pay the taxi trips!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

I stayed at the Cherry Creek Staybridge Suites for 4 nights and enjoyed every minute of it! I travel a lot on business and I've stayed at various hotels. This Staybridge is well-kept and the staff is very friendly. I enjoyed the hotels location as well. It is across the street from a super Target and a hamburger stand. I went to the Target to buy some food to cook in the built-in kitchen in the bedroom. I also liked that the hotel was just a short drive away from a great shopping mall and a iMax movie theater!

The continental breakfast was good, and during week-day evening the Staybridge has a free dinner option as well.

Overall this was a fabulous hotel and I enjoyed it a lot. I would stay here again anytime!

• Liked — Lots of space!
  • Disliked — slightly-slow internet. (although it was free!)
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2008

I attended the CEDIA Expo and the only reason I stayed at this hotel was because this was where I was assigned by the trade show. They block rooms at almost all the Denver area hotels and assign each attendee to whichever hotel they have available for you. I paid $189 a night and was very surprised that this was a the discounted negotiated rate! Sure it's not too far from the Convention Center (a 10-15 minute drive).... Sure, the room is spacious... but do you really need a kitchenette with a LOUD refrigerator? No.

I stayed in room 313 and the regular air conditioning unit was broken so they had this portable floor unit that was so loud during the night. Without screens on my windows (after looking outside at other rooms, I honestly think mine was the only one without), I could not have the windows open at night for fear that bugs, mosquitoes, etc, would creep in.

The bed was hard as a ROCK. I had so much trouble sleeping the two nights I was there.

The pro's... the staff was friendly although they did not have any other rooms available to move me to. The breakfast is fairly adequate but I only stuck with cereal and toast. Business Center was free but the internet connection was SLOOOOOOW.

Bottom line... overpriced and just NOT worth it. I'd only stay there again if I was forced to, like I was this time.

• Liked — Staff was pretty friendly
  • Disliked — Hard bed, LOUD A/C, LOUD fridge, no screen on windows
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Littleton, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2008

My husband and I booked a block of rooms for our wedding at this hotel. We were excited to offer our guests rooms that had kitchenettes. They were appreciative of that. Another reason we booked here was because they offered the best rate in the area. For what you get at this hotel, the rate was good.

The issues came with the extras that we required as a wedding party. When my guests called to make reservations, they weren't always put on the wedding block. I had to call every week and make sure that they were given the discount and put into our block. Then, I asked if they could give each of our guests a gift basket when they checked in. They assured me that this was something they did often, and it would be no problem. I made beautiful baskets, but they weren't given to everyone. I had to ask for them back and hand them out myself when we visited with our guests.

The worst was that they were supposed to have a room for us on our wedding night. When we showed up after the reception, still dressed in our wedding clothes, we were not greeted with a smile. We were instead told that our room was not available. The guy at the front desk could not find our reservation and was very rude to us on our wedding night of all nights!

The rooms were okay, but the service wasn't. I would not suggest this hotel when there are others in the immediate area that cost just $10 more a night.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The service
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank ShutterbugLisa
Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2008

This hotel is typical - all about appearances. The lobby facade is just that - an attempt at being more than a 2.5 star hotel.

Location is top-notch. Space in the room is also better than average.

During our stay, we were forced to move rooms because of a smell that crept in the third day of our stay (the fridge also leaked three days.) The advertised free laundry is hardly worth it - only one of the driers worked. An exercise bike also didn't operate properly.

The female staff member handling breakfast functions exhibits no personality (which is where this hotel could make up for its shortfalls) and could keep the small breakfast nook better stocked. After building a rapport with evening staff, conversations revolved around how many issues the property has (including laundry facilities, air conditioning, and overall upkeep.)

* cleanliness average (no regularity in housekeeping)
* beds average (pillows are low-end)
* staff below average (one has been outgoing)
* Internet below average (376k down/1154k up, 144ms latency)
* air conditioning average (digital thermostat is nice)
* price above average ($139 for king room)
* location above average (Cherry Creek is central to Denver)

We stayed here based on a recommendation from a family member who stayed at Staybridge in Lone Tree CO. At twice the price, this property leaves much to be desired.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Value
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!