“A real home away from home”

Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“A real home away from home”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was little apprehensive initally to get a room 4.8 miles away from the convention center. But once I reached 4220 E my unhappiness/ apprehensions evaporated. It took little over 30 minutes to reach the beautiful Cherry Creek area from the Denver International Airport. The check-in time is 3 pm. As there was no scope for an early check in I had to book it one day early.
The huge two bedroom apartment was an overkill for a single customer like me who was not traveling with family this time.It was literally more than enough for me to be the sole occupant of a two-bedroom/two bath suite with a fully-equipped kitchen.
The shuttle service to and fro the convention center(hotel is not responsible) was sluggish, so had to rent a cab(USD 15 each way) most of the time.
The temperature was freezing(even minus 7 or 8 Celsius) outside but the whole building was nicely kept warm and comfortable.
During happy hours (5.30-7.20 pm)on Tuesday/Wednesday and Thursday complimentary refreshment(with drinks) are served.
Breakfast spread was nice, but bit monotonous which was probably expected.
The business center and the convenience store is open 24x7. While the business center was free, the store was little over priced.
But, when you have a huge Target just across the road why should you bother at all.
I enjoyed my morning walk for a couple of days during my stay at Staybridge. They have a lovely walking trail around and the surroundings are very pleasant.
The staffs are polite, helpful and cordial.
I was especially touched one morning when I was waiting for my conference shuttle at the end of the corridor opening to the rear side of the hotel, the front desk girl came running to inform me that a cab has just arrived on the front side and as the shuttle service is uncertain, if I want, she can request the cab to wait for me.
This kind of personal service we don't expect in many big 5 star hotels.

Room Tip: I stayed in 308 and it was very nice with a view of the backyard.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank drlahiri
Aaron W, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for staying with us we are happy to be your home away from home. Were you able to walk the full 26 miles on the trail? We love our hike and bike trail since it goes all the way to downtown and you do not have to fight to cross traffic. If you go in the opposite direction it takes you out to Cherry Creek State Park. It is perfect to get a short walk or even your morning run.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
TOLLAND
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Very happy with recent stay. Room was comfortable, roomy enough and inviting with small kitchen area. Shuttle service to and from National Jewish Health was a plus! Excellent breakfast buffet with many options. Staff was very accommodating and shuttle drivers were all very professional and polite. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for your recent review. We were gald that you were able to stay with us during your time at National Jewish. Our shuttle is also availabe to take you over to the Cherry Creek mall. We look forward to seeing you back soon.
Philip, South Dakota
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were in Denver for shopping and the National Western Stock Show. This hotel was conveniently located for all the driving we did. When we checked in we were given a free upgrade to a two bedroom, two bath suite, which was wonderful. The only problem was the room wasn't very clean. I would have complained to the front desk if I had noticed it right away. I kept finding little things, like a spattered mirror and hairs in the bathroom. When I found myself wiping down the coffee maker because it wasn't clean either, our stay was almost over.

Room Tip: It wouldn't hurt to inspect the room before bringing in your bags.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us your feedback on your experience. We are sorry that we did not provide you with a clean environment. We must have been having an off day as this is definitely not our standard. If you would like to discuss more off line, please do not hesitate to contact me as I would like to make this right for you.
Grandville, Michigan
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here from 12/1/13 to 3/1/14 on a travel job in Denver. I was put in a King suite which was roomy and very nice. All the staff were great and I was sad to leave when the job was done. I will stay here again when I return to Denver. Special thanks to the front desk guy Brian who gave me ideas on things to do and car repair places. All the front desk girls where "Amazing" and very helpful also. Heidi the new Sales Manager was friendly and informative also. The morning breakfasts were always excellent and well stocked(never out of anything). The 3 evening social meals per week were also excellent, complete with free wine or beer! This is definitely a place I would recommend to anyone staying in the Denver area!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Doug, I hope all is going well for you. We all miss you and look forward to seeing you back soon. I am glad that you were comfortable during your stay and glad to hear that Brian took such good care of you.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Making our second trip to Denver for health reasons, my wife happened upon this place. 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit with great people and great service. We met and spoke with their manager of marketing, who told us that she knew the place needed a remodel, and that this was in process as we spoke. This is what brought my rating from 4 to 5. Anyway, if you need extra room or you're planning on staying a while, this is your place.

Room Tip: two bedroom/two bath a bargain. Like being at home
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and happy that you discovered us. Our two bedroom suites are very spaciaous and comfortable and glad the you were able to enjoy.
Alaska
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel December 9 - 27th. I was being treated at National Jewish Hospital and University of Colorado Hospital. The Staybridge staff was extraordinary. Always nice and so very helpful. The room was a large one bedroom suite, with a very fair price for long term hospital stay. Kitchen was handy for us, as well as living room for viewing TV at different times and locations.

They served a very nice breakfast each day and the bonus was dinner was served Tues, Wed, Thursday nights for free, with a wine or beer. I've never been to a hotel that served us dinner for free. We were able to meet people and visit next to the fireplace after a long day of appointments.

The shuttle van took us to NJH each day and back, very handy. It goes 3 miles from the hotel. The van driver is super helpful and gave us a list of busses that would get us other places. There is a lovely walking trail outside of the hotel to get some fresh air, especially nice while recuperating.

We did use the free laundry and there was a decent workout area, all nice and clean.

I would absolutely stay here again--and I will at my 6 month check up. Thank you, staff, for making a tough time for us, a manageable stay.

Leslie & Jerry from Alaska

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank whitespruce
Thank you for taking the time to write the review. Know that you stayed in December, I am betting that you enjoyed our fireplace inside but you will have to come back when it warms up a little to enjoy our outdoor patio with he Fire Pit. You will find yourself spending the evening out there enjoying the comfort of the fire and the company that surrounds it every night. We look forward to seeing you back soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Unless you're a smoker - DO NOT STAY at this hotel. My husband and I had a reservation at this hotel last weekend. We were shocked to learn not only that this hotel has smoking suites, but that we were assigned one of them !!! Even more shocking was the fact that we were allowed to completely unload our vehicle and go up to the room before we discovered this fact. When we returned to the desk to explain we could not stay in a smoking room, we were told that our reservation was for a "house choice" room and they chose to put us in a smoking room - no other rooms were available. The clerk was rude and acted like she thought this was pretty funny ... VERY UNPLEASANT AND DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE. We ended up staying at another property and paying the rates for our last minute swap.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CGilb
Lisa K, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We are sorry we did not know your smoking preference in advance. If you were using a third party site to book a room with us, they come over as just a standard room with no smoking preferences indicated. I always encourage people to contact the hotel with using these booking sites to verify what type of room they can expect or book with the hotel directly. With the Denver Broncos playing at home the weekend you were here we were in sold out situation, as many fans love to stay with us, so we were unable to move you to another room type.
Please feel free to reach out to Aaron the GM or myself if you feel your matter needs further attention or if we can make things "right".
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!