“Soccer Trip”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Springfield, Virginia
“Soccer Trip”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at this property for one night on June 19th. We had a two bedroom for three mom's and their 17 year old daughters. We were in Denver for a soccer tournament and came a day early so we could see Denver. We chose this hotel because it was easy to split a two bedroom suite between the three families.
I wish we could of stayed at this property for the remainder of our trip. The beds were very nice, it was very clean and the breakfast was completely stocked and they had good coffee.
The staff when we checked in was pleasant.
I also liked that across the street was a Target.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at this Staybridge Suites. One night at the front of my trip and one night on the backend. I booked this hotel because it is one of the few hotels that has a room with 2 separate bedrooms and bathrooms. On both occations the bedrooms were far away from the entryway door which ensured that if there was any hallway noise at night we would not hear it in our bedrooms. I was very surpised by the comfort of the beds. They reminded me of the Westin Heavenly bedding which is a big plus for me. The courtyard is also very nice with a BBQ, firepit, sport court, pool, and hot tub. It felt like I was spending time in the backyard of an estate. The Cherry Creek/ Glendale area is a very convenient place to be located. The only warning I would throw out is that there is a strip club across the street which is right next to a Super Target. I didn't experience any problems but I found that property combination to be a bit odd. I knocked down the service a bit in my review since on my second visit they did not have the room I booked available and I had to settle for another room type. They tried to charge me a higher rate for the room but fixed it when I pointed it out. Overall I had a good experience with this hotel and I would not hesitate to stay here again when traveling as a family.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room. The only noise we heard came from the room above us.
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

All 8 of us were in a two room suite that had only one screw holding on the door lock/latch. The room was clean but had been extremely used. It was very worn out. The towels were new and were nice. There must be remodeling being done because their was trash everywhere and carpet remnants outside on the lawn. This was not a family friendly place, it's right across from an adult store Sensations and strip club Shotgun Willies. There was a lot of alcohol consumption among the guests and the breakfast was not to be desired. They were out of everything and non place to sit. It was very crowded and look to have more people eating there than those that actually stayed at the hotel. If I were a single business man, this would be a great place...not for a family.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear NotwhereIbelong,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Corona
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went to Colorado for a lacrosse tournament for my nephew. The team stayed here and played their games at the Dick Sporting Goods Park (fields) which was about 20-30 minutes away (depending on traffic). Hotel was very accomodating. Asked if they could have breakfast ready early so the boys could eat before the game, they had it ready 30 minutes earlier than the scheduled time. Room was nice. Breakfast was great. Staff very helpful. Basketball court, pool, and bbq outside.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and we loved all the space. We had a sitting area separate from the bedrooms and a kitchen. The outside area is very well maintained with a great seating area and fire pit. The hotel offered complimentary breakfast and dinner during the week. The hotel was neat and clean and in a great location with several restaurant and shopping options. The only negative is that we could hear everything in the courtyard which was noisy until around 11 pm.. If you are a light sleeper this might to work for you.

• Stayed June 2013
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Never in my life have I ever seen a hotel treat their guests so shabby. Their computer system is so outdated they cannot even find your hotel reservation even though I confirmed them several times over the phone. Your accommodation "requests" are a complete and utter joke. Although I requested the first floor because I was in hauling close to 400 lbs into the room, I got a top floor room at the very end of the building. You know it's bad when the front desk manager can't rectify any of the mistakes the Staybridge has made and then proceeds to tell you that other guests are more important to accomodate. The rooms are outdated, smelly and moldy. It truly doesn't get any worse than this !If you decide to stay at this hole in the wall, good luck to you and just remember that as a fellow trip advisor...... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn..... only one block away!!!!
1 Thank HeatherS913
Aaron W, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and how our actions effected your stay with us on your most recent visit. I understand the inconvenience and aggravation it caused being placed on the top floor with all your items. We review the requests and make every effort to satisfy requests. Unfortunately the room type you reserved conflicted with the physical availability of a first floor room. We regret that we did not reach out to you prior to your arrival to make you aware of this situation.

In regards to your room condition, I will be inspecting it this afternoon to ensure we have resolved any of your issues. As you could notice during your stay, we are in the process of making improvements to the property. All of the Wall coverings and carpet has been replaced in the hallways and will complete lobby refresh next week. We just recently replaced the mattresses in your suite and will be installing a new bedding package in the coming month. We appreciate your feedback and I am sorry that you had to experience this on your stay here in Denver.
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I were in Denver for a business trip. I chose the Staybridge suites for the location and its favorable reviews. Our room was great- It was spacious and comfortable and clean too! It overlooked the Cherry creek Biking/walking trail. The outside courtyard/pool area was beautiful. I enjoyed relaxing by the pool a couple of times during our stay.

The only negative was the strong cigarette smell in the lobby and hallways. Fortunately, the rooms did not smell. The hotel is in the midst of a renovation, and it is my understanding that the carpets in the lobby and hallways will be replaced....hopefully this will eliminate the odor....although I think they still are allowing smoking on certain floors.

The location was perfect. We walked :to the mall, to eat, and to the grocery store. It was also very nice to be able to take walks along the Cherry Creek Biking/walking trail that was just on the other side of the parking lot.

Staff were professional and ready to help in whatever way they could. The check in and Check out process was quick and efficient.

I think once the renovations are complete this will be an awesome place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!