“Choose a different hotel!!”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Laramie, Wyoming
“Choose a different hotel!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel was one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. It is very rundown. The bathroom counters are stained and the bathtub appears to have a lot of mold growing. I am sorry I didn't investigate the conditions more. The guests below us were screaming at their children and had piles of garbage outside their door. This must be "home" for them. There are a lot of "nice" hotels in this area and I would choose something else next time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Lisa - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The condition of the bathroom in your room that you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am having the counters and bathtub cleaned and re-caulked to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. As well, I am very sorry that you were disturbed by other guests within the hotel. The staff and I do our best to keep noises to a minimum and will continue to do so moving forward.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2013

While there is nothing fancy or updated about this hotel, I stayed here for a full 5 weeks on business and the staff was friendly and helpful. There was a night where the fire alarms kept going off, but other than that I found the stay tolerable. They have free (slow) wifi, onsite laundry, and it is relatively quiet. There is a convenient grocery store next to the hotel. An unbeatable rate is the draw of booking here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you felt welcomed during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

While I won't say this is the worst place I have ever stayed, it is definitely not a place I would come back to. The room wreaks of cigarette smell. I opened my window to try to let some of the stench out, but it is too prominent. If you are prone to asthma or migraines... Or if you think cigarette smell is disgusting, stay away. The bathtub is black from the years of use. I understand that this happens, but it just needs to be replaced. Also, there are no elevators. If all the first floor rooms are occupied, be prepared to haul your luggage up the stairs. Lastly, they tell you that there is "free wifi". That is wrong. The free wifi they have is slower than the dial-up Internet I had in 1999. It took 3 minutes just to load my email. If you want wifi that isn't slow, you pay for it. I will say that the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that the room smelled so strongly of smoke that your stay was uncomfortable. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is inspecting every room for these issues. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your honesty. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel. I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you better at our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Glendale hotels

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I just stayed at this establishment for 9 nights, the room was small, was not clean but not dirty. Could have been a lot better, the staff was nice at first but became unhelpful and rude towards the end of our stay.

Our neighbors would play loud music every night and we could smell smoke.

It's not safe, the type of people who stay here are not the best quality.

We left a phone charger in the room plugged into the wall after our checkout, we called a few hours later after we remembered, the staff could not help is and advised we call back the next day. We did and they had no trace of the charger anywhere. They did not care it had grown legs from one of the maids who cleaned the room.

I do not recommend this Extended Stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that the housekeeping service did not meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have been working with the housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, at chr @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Berthoud
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just spent three nights at Extended Stay in Cherry Creek. I wouldn't say that the room was dirty, but it wasn't clean either. As one reviewer stated, "grimy" comes to mind. The phone didn't work, and there was never anyone at the front desk to handle problems. There was one tiny little bar of soap for the bathroom and no kleenex. The bathroom didn't have a fan.

That said, the bed was comfortable and, for the price, we couldn't complain. I'm not saying that I'll go back, but if I do, I'll sure bring a lot of my own stuff. Should you have to do that?

Room Tip: This is not a place for kids, don't bring 'em here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that the phone in your room did not work and the front desk was unable to assist you properly Please accept my apologies. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be revamping our housekeeping procedures in order to make sure your experience is not repeated. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at chr@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Not clean, not safe, not a happy staff, cops come through often, kids smoking on stairs, creepers walking around. NOT SAFE, especially for children. I would not recommend this to my worse enemies. Not that I have any enemies. It's just how the saying goes. Good luck won't help you, just don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2012
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had an unpleasnat stay with us. To prevent this from happening again, my team is increasing security rounds. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at chr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Durango, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Shabby accommodations; dirty and worn upholstery; kitchen not well stocked -- only a saucepan to cook in. Electric burners were crooked and didn't heat evenly. No dish soap. Bathroom was grimy with peeling paint, hairs in sink and bathtub. Felt like we were slumming.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Denver Cherry Creek. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to.In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them regarding the issues you encountered, snow, ice melt, etc... Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!