“Not recommended.”

Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

While I won't say this is the worst place I have ever stayed, it is definitely not a place I would come back to. The room wreaks of cigarette smell. I opened my window to try to let some of the stench out, but it is too prominent. If you are prone to asthma or migraines... Or if you think cigarette smell is disgusting, stay away. The bathtub is black from the years of use. I understand that this happens, but it just needs to be replaced. Also, there are no elevators. If all the first floor rooms are occupied, be prepared to haul your luggage up the stairs. Lastly, they tell you that there is "free wifi". That is wrong. The free wifi they have is slower than the dial-up Internet I had in 1999. It took 3 minutes just to load my email. If you want wifi that isn't slow, you pay for it. I will say that the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that the room smelled so strongly of smoke that your stay was uncomfortable. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team is inspecting every room for these issues. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your honesty. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel. I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you better at our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I just stayed at this establishment for 9 nights, the room was small, was not clean but not dirty. Could have been a lot better, the staff was nice at first but became unhelpful and rude towards the end of our stay.

Our neighbors would play loud music every night and we could smell smoke.

It's not safe, the type of people who stay here are not the best quality.

We left a phone charger in the room plugged into the wall after our checkout, we called a few hours later after we remembered, the staff could not help is and advised we call back the next day. We did and they had no trace of the charger anywhere. They did not care it had grown legs from one of the maids who cleaned the room.

I do not recommend this Extended Stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that the housekeeping service did not meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have been working with the housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, at chr @extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just spent three nights at Extended Stay in Cherry Creek. I wouldn't say that the room was dirty, but it wasn't clean either. As one reviewer stated, "grimy" comes to mind. The phone didn't work, and there was never anyone at the front desk to handle problems. There was one tiny little bar of soap for the bathroom and no kleenex. The bathroom didn't have a fan.

That said, the bed was comfortable and, for the price, we couldn't complain. I'm not saying that I'll go back, but if I do, I'll sure bring a lot of my own stuff. Should you have to do that?

Room Tip: This is not a place for kids, don't bring 'em here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry that the phone in your room did not work and the front desk was unable to assist you properly Please accept my apologies. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be revamping our housekeeping procedures in order to make sure your experience is not repeated. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at chr@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Not clean, not safe, not a happy staff, cops come through often, kids smoking on stairs, creepers walking around. NOT SAFE, especially for children. I would not recommend this to my worse enemies. Not that I have any enemies. It's just how the saying goes. Good luck won't help you, just don't stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had an unpleasnat stay with us. To prevent this from happening again, my team is increasing security rounds. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at chr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Shabby accommodations; dirty and worn upholstery; kitchen not well stocked -- only a saucepan to cook in. Electric burners were crooked and didn't heat evenly. No dish soap. Bathroom was grimy with peeling paint, hairs in sink and bathtub. Felt like we were slumming.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Denver Cherry Creek. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to.In response to your post, I have met with our hotel staff and used your review to help coach them regarding the issues you encountered, snow, ice melt, etc... Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The staff has been very helpful-Peter, Pat, and Cynthia are great! Wonderful management, a very well run hotel! I highly recommend this hotel!.:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-);-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

• Stayed: March 2013
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us especially knowing that we provided a great home away from home for you. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We are definitely looking forward to your next visit to Denver.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

There was no drinkware, glasses or mugs, in our room so we drank from the sink until the morning. We were not told that the heat was controlled using the wall themostat, instead of the big floor unit that had the option of heat on it so we had a very cold room. We tried using the floor unit, but it wouldn't turn on the heat. Be aware that the city of Glendale, where the hotel is, has a 13% tax, so when you check out your bill jumps about $10. The beds are rock hard, also. I wish I would have gotten some of my money back, since I had a horrible experience. I will not be returning. My friends who also stayed here said when they went to their room, it was ajar & they entered thinking someone else would be in it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Adrian S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our property. I aplogize for the maintenance issues you encountered in your room. I encourage feedback from our guests so that I am able to address and resolve these types of issues. Our goal is to provide a clean comfortable room with everything in working order. I apologize if we failed to deliver that. I hope that you will come back and see us again if your travels bring you back to our area in the future so that we may have another opportunity to serve you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!