“Glen Haven Strong”

Glen Haven General Store
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Glen Haven
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Known for their cinnamon rolls, we love getting a sandwich and drink on an easy noonday. All made to order with quality ingredients. Fine place. We are so happy they are back from the flood.

1  Thank Harold L

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have been going to the Glen Haven General store for cinnamon rolls and an occasional sandwich for many years. The flood of last Sept only delayed the wonderful cinnamon rolls for a little while. You will never regret eating one of the best cinnamon rolls ever. Your only regret will be not getting more to take with you. I applaud the quick recovery effort of all involved. I will be back as many times as I can.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband wanted to see the flood damage, so he took this road from Estes Park.We got to the place just by chance, but now we'll be coming with a purpose.
The store is open and busy, people come to get some cinnamon rolls "to go" all the time.We got a roll and a coffee and sat on the porch,watching the humming birds visiting the water and bird feeder.It was so fun!One, two, or three at a time, so close to you- breath taking!I loved it a lot, so got another roll and coffee just to enjoy the show.
Mind you, the rolls are delicious, one of them was still warm-yummy...Coffee is good, and a bargain for $$.Where can you buy coffee( good one,my husband is very picky) for 50 cents?
Highly recommend to visit when you are in Estes.Highly do not recommend to take the road all way to Drake.Sign says" road is damaged in places"-read :road is bad in almost all places,i.e. unless you have a truck- do not try it.Or drive there if you want to see flood damage( frustrating),otherwise- go back to Estes.
Enjoy!
PS. I heard fudge is great, didn't try it this time.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I tried to post this review earlier but it was denied because I included a link to the General Store's YouCaring campaign. The place was hit hard by the floods this past year so if you want to enjoy those rolls for years to come, google it. Now then, the cinnamon rolls. THEY ARE AMAZING. My husband and I have stopped here every year since we started visiting Estes Park on our honeymoon and picking up some cinnamon rolls are as much of a must-do as visiting RMNP! Be sure to call ahead if you're wanting to get more than a few - we've had a problem with that before. Also, recommend getting a couple of rolls or sandwiches (they're great too!) and driving through the canyon and stopping for a picnic. There are lots of great spots to enjoy your treats!

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I have been stopping at the General Store for years for the AMAzING cinnamon rolls and cherry cobbler as well as their cinnamon bread but we stopped on the way to Rocky Mountain and decided to try their sandwiches. And they were a perfect addition to the sweet treats. Moist bread(guessing homemade by the baker) and fresh ingredients added to our picnic on this quaint back road to Estes park. Will definitely be getting their sandwiches again!