“Terrible Staff except for Florian! Style over Substance!”
Review of San Giorgio

San Giorgio
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Paraga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Stayed here back in July. Yes, it looks nice but the quality is very cheap. It was the worst hotel by far that I've stayed at in Greece. The staff were not helpful, except for Florian who served the pool area.

I had credit to be used from a previously cancelled stay, which I had emails saying I could use the credit towards our food and beverage bill. When I asked at check-in if it was still ok to use, the Front Desk Staff would say they weren't sure but would find out and let me know. I would ask each day we were there and by four days, the result was that we could not use the credit at all because the hotel had changed managers from when the credit was issued... I had emails to back it up but outrageously the staff never did anything about it. It was aggravating.

The sewage outside our room constantly smelled and the beds were really hard.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank CaptureSF

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We literally fell in love with Mykonos and San Giorgio contributes to this love story!
Great location, amazing pool, great food, great view, great staff...we ll get there next year

Mykonos I love you but you are brigging me down!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charleo162
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed in September when it wasnt to busy in Mykonos. We both enjoyed our stay! The breakfast area is lovely , decorated in a boho style (as was the rest of the resort and rooms ). Amazing views over the water and very close walk to Paradise beaches. Its a perfect location if you want to party but also if you would like to relax!. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I would stay again if i had the chance!.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LoveBirdy19
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went in mid-September when it was not so busy. It's in a great location with 'traditional' Greek design. The room was basic (as advertised) but with great ambience. We had a room with a large balcony and a hammock, great for relaxation. The staff were really friendly with Christos at the front desk helpful with advice on car hire, locations and restaurants to visit. There are good beach restaurants nearby you can walk to. I would highly recommend for young or young at hear.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

GO TO THIS HOTEL PERIOD!! The estate is wonderful--beautiful, simple, amazing views. The staff, especially Christos at the front desk, are the friendliest bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Breakfast is a tad limited in variety, but offers a delicious selection.

Room Tip: Try to book rooms 50 or 51, the views are amazing!
1  Thank Ahlam R
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here last June for five days. I have been meaning to write a review since I left. I had a heavenly experience here. Not only was the hotel run exceptionally but the rooms, the hall, the pool area are all so beautiful that you can't really have anything to grumble about.

For a couple this was a perfect experience.I would love to go back but sadly my boyfriend feels we shouldn't in case we ruin it. I think I will probably get a new boyfriend.

Anyway just to say a big Thank You to the team for a lovely week.

Can you also please try the seafood linguine.. It was to die for.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Beautiful hotel, lovely chic decor - unlike the usual 'design hotels' that tend to seem overly contrived.

Great service, especially at the front desk where their recommendations were spot on for restaurants and beaches that suited our tastes.

It's close to paranga and paradise beaches, but not so much that the noise bothers you (we went mid-September, can't say if this holds true in the peak season).

The breakfast was great, though it did feel like they could have changed around the buffet items to give a sense of newness to the spread every few days.

Room Tip: First floor sea facing rooms are best, though the rooms at the back compensate with a nice large sit...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paraga
Nissaki Boutique Hotel
#1 of 26 in Platys Gialos
Mykonos Palace Beach Hotel
Mykonos Palace Beach Hotel
#13 of 26 in Platys Gialos

Been to San Giorgio? Share your experiences!