“Fresh and Friendly”

The Happy Cooker
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Georgetown
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Renovated victorian 1800's property with a large (seasonal) outdoor patio. Wine, beer, cocktails. Vegetarian and gluten free options available. Breakfast all day!
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We arrived in Georgetown just in time for lunch and found this cute outdoor bistro. The Bloody Mary's were delicious and made fresh. The salads and sandwiches we ordered were the same. There was more food than we could even eat. This restaurant appeared to attract many bike riders as well as locals.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stopped on to use the Georgetown rest area along I-70 and decided to find a place to eat. Drove into town and found The Happy Cooker. The homemade quiche and soup was delicious. My wife had a version of SOS that was made with artichoke hearts and cream. It was the best. I plan on stopping the next time in Colorado to sample other items on the menu.

Happycookergt, Owner at The Happy Cooker, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! Thanks for coming to visit us and I am very happy that you enjoyed your meal and experience with us! We hope you will visit us again.
Jenette

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nothing special about the food or service. Tried the turkey sandwich and the veggie burger. Service was a bit slow even though it was a late lunch and there were very few customers.

Hi there TravelersKansas
Thanks for stopping by and also for your review. I am very sorry that you were not thrilled with your turkey sandwich or veggie burger. We offer some very unique items on our menu like our pita sandwich, meatloaf sandwich, veggie burrito with quinoa or even one of our eggs Benedict's. In addition to some of our signature dishes we also offer some more simple items such as the turkey sandwich, grilled cheese or the garden burger for our guests with a less adventurous palate or who just want to eat and get on their way. As far as the quality of your service I am very sorry that they were not up to speed. I will certainly address it with the waitstaff to remedy any future issues. I would love to offer you a free lunch if you make it up our way again in the future. Please email me if you would like. Jenette

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were attracted partly by the cute name, partly because it's in the very attractive "historic area" of Georgetown, partly because of the 10% discount we got as Georgetown Mountain Inn guests.

Good breakfast, big portions, good coffee, friendly service.

1  Thank JamesHappyWalker
Happycookergt, Owner at The Happy Cooker, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Hello and thank you very much for your review!! I am very happy that you enjoyed our restaurant as well as your visit to Georgetown!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Dad and I stopped here on our way back from my first trip to Lake Tahoe to see Dr. Peterson April, 1994. They had THE BEST homemade cheese bread that they served with this wonderful tortilla or some kind of other vegetable soup! Have to get back there one of these days. It's where the movie "The Christmas Gift" was filmed with John Denver. Sweet little town! We also stopped there on our way back from Tahoe with Dad, a friend, and my God son, Aug 1997.