“Good food”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The buffalo burger and fish tacos are very good in this place, specially if you want something fast, fair price and good service. This food was good specially about hiking a fourteener.

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We stppoed for a drink and ended up ea ting appetizers and full meals. Great bartender and atmosphere.yesrly stop.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

What a find! This will be a destination spot when my husband and I have to drive over the mountains to and from Denver. Not only was it the best veggie burger I've ever had, but the fries were yummy, too. I love the selection of food items and the atmosphere.

We started with the salsa sampler which was great. It gives you an opportunity to sample all of their salsas. I had the veggie burger, and my husband had a burger which he enjoyed. The mac & cheese dishes looked interesting, along with the all of the Mexican items. Too much to choose from.

Now, we were here at a weird time - 3:30PM on a Friday July 4th weekend, so while it was busy, it wasn't crazy. Our service was good and the food didn't take so long. I wonder if it might be different during busier times.

The one thing I ordered that I didn't like was the house margarita. I just didn't like the flavor. But that won't keep me from returning!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We've eaten at this place twice, once years ago and again last December. They're just about the only restaurant in town - so they pretty much have you over a barrel as far as where to eat. Both times, the service was horribly slow. The food was OK. I remember liking my sandwich, but there was something my child had that was not good. I also remember something being really spicy that wasn't expected (the guacamole?)

But the food is not the problem - the service is. When we walked in, there was no hostess station or anywhere or around to seat us. My husband hunted down a server and asked and was told "sit anywhere". There was only seating upstairs. It took FOREVER to get a server! To top it off, a large party came in after us, a few at a time. The server went to THEIR table first! When she went to walk by us, I grabbed her attention and said "What about us? We were here before they were." "No, they were here first. This isn't my section." The table she waited on was in the corner, we were next to that table - and we weren't in her section??? I told her I didn't care who our server was supposed to be, but we'd been sitting there for 10 minutes with no acknowledgment (my kids were thirsty and hungry). She went off, I assumed to get our server. Then - she decided to wait on us after all (or she realized we WERE in her section). Or whoever was supposed to, couldn't. Whatever. Obviously, they don't have a system for table seating. Her attitude the whole time was - she was doing us a favor.

Then to top it off, I noticed on my charge bill that SHE DECIDED HER OWN TIP! I purposely did NOT leave 20% because we did NOT get good service. I left her a $7 tip which was 15%. She decided to give herself 18% and entered an $8.50 tip for herself! I see on a Google review that this has happened to other customers, too.

I've been a waitress –I’ve been there. So I have NO tolerance for servers who decide to override the intended tip and pad their own tips. I'll never eat there again - we'll pack our own lunches, if we have to!

If you eat there, BEWARE! Check your charge as soon as you can!

1  Thank Teriko
COcook, Owner at Lucha Colorado Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Hello,
I am going to have to cry foul on this review. This person sent me the same review by email, and when I tried to respond, the email was not functioning.
If this would have allegedly happened last week, or even last month, I would have been very concerned. The fact that this person decided to write about us 8 months after they supposedly visiited is extremely suspect. Please read our other reviews and come in for a visit. I promise our food will make you want to come back again.
Chuck Holcomb
Owner

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stopped here on our way down from Mt Evans. Our friends like Mexican but three of us had eaten so 5 of us went in and were seated immediately. Three of us had Salsa(unlimited) and chips for $3 with 4 choices of delicious homemade salsa. Fish tacos and a burrito were the choices for our 2 Lakewood friends and they will return......our beers were reasonably priced and cold. The restaurant was also an Irish Pub and has a Rathskellar below.....interesting.
A folk singer was playing and it was a Sunday afternoon.