We didn't think TOO much about paying $80 for a night at Super 8, because this property is allegedly a "Pride of Super 8". I have stayed at "Pride of Super 8's" before and they are typically not bad. And this one looks cute on the internet, designed to look like something out of the old west. This is what we encountered at the Not-So-Super 8 in Georgetown, Colorado:
1. An entrance with filthy doors, tattered carpeting, and a general look of uncleanliness.
2. A very nice innkeeper at the check-in desk.
3. Bedsheets that truly looked like they had not been laundered after the last guest. I slept in full clothing to avoid contact with them.
4. A room with insufficient lighting - slightly better than a haunted house.
5. Wallpaper with holes in it, scuff marks all over it, bubbles from improper application.
6. A tiny bathroom that is literally 5' x 5'.
7. After falling asleep at about 10:30, 30 minutes later I awoke to drops of water hitting my face. It was raining outside and water, LOTS OF IT, was dripping through the ceiling right onto our heads.
8. I called the front desk and asked to be moved to another room. The same innkeeper was still on duty, and she was so nice I almost felt bad for being angry about being woke up with the Chinese water torture.
9. The only available room was a smoking room. It smelled so incredibly bad that it was a toss-up as to whether we should sleep in the wet bed or in the room with the stench. We remained in the smoking room, and I couldn't wait until the sun came up so we could get out of there.
10. We went to check out at 7:15 a.m., and there was a sign on the front desk saying that the desk clerk was in the breakfast area. I could not believe my eyes that the same poor lady was STILL on duty 15 hours after we checked in. Not only was she running the front desk but she was also preparing the breakfast for a full house. Bless her heart, she hurried to the desk, gave us a 10% discount and apologized for our soggy and smelly experiences, and scurried back to the breakfast nook to continue getting breakfast ready. It's enough to make one feel guilty for being on vacation. Could we please send the Peace Corps in to help run this place or something?!?
BOTTOM LINE - you can find a much better place for the money. Stay closer to Denver, or go up I-70 as far as Dillon/Frisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the fun of skiing, ice fishing, hiking, and mining history Georgetown, Colorado has to offer while staying at the Americas Best Value Inn Georgetown Lodge, the best choice for business and fun seekers alike. Ideally situated only a few miles from Loveland Ski Area and Lawson Adventure Park, our hotel is conveniently located off Interstate 70 on Argentine Street. Key local attractions include Georgetown Lake, Georgetown Firefighting Museum, and the old Phoenix Gold Mine. Our knowledgeable and helpful staff can recommend what best suits your travel itinerary. Start your work or sightseeing day in fine form with free continental breakfast. Our property offers an array of modern amenities including free coffee in the lobby, ATM machine, guest laundry facility, and picnic area with table. Sorry, no pets are allowed. Our 54 guest rooms feature amenities such as mini-fridge, hairdryer, 32 inch flat panel cable TV, table with chairs, and alarm clock radio. An iron and ironing board are available upon request. Americas Best Value Inn Georgetown Lodge is your best choice while staying in the "Silver Queen of Colorado" given the town's extensive mining background. We offer ideal accommodations and location whether you are in town for fun on the mountains, hiking trails, sightseeing, wildlife activities or simply passing through on your way to Denver or Aspen. At Americas Best Value Inn Georgetown Lodge our goal is to provide our guests a great experience, not just a place to stay. At Americas Best Value Inn Georgetown Lodge, we've got you covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Georgetown Hotel Georgetown
- Super Eight Georgetown
- Georgetown Super Eight
- Georgetown Super 8