“Disappointed in this Super 8!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed one night at this Georgetown Super 8, and although the reviews were not the best, this was the only option for spending the night in Georgetown. They put us in the old section of this lodging, with only 1 other permanent occupant, all of the other rooms were crammed with boxes, etc. When I turned the covers down, there were several black hairs on the pillow and the underside of the spread was dirty. I called Management, and they came with clean bedding, and changed the bed, even putting on a new blanket. The Manager was nice, but I would not stay here again, as I at least expect clean rooms from Super 8. The Continental Breakfast was adequate, not exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer section.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank motraveler50

Reviewed January 18, 2011

I usually stay at a Super 8 when I travel on business, so it was my first choice. This one was different than the others. Almost all of the others have been remodeled recently, but this one was more rustic. For the area, it fits. The breakfast room was great. It was large and uncrowded and even has a pool table for the guests. I was skeptical about our room location because it was eye level with and facing I-70. I didn't hear any of the traffic noise that I had expected. The location is perfect for skiing at Loveland. We'll be back.
If you're hungry for a burger and a beer, check out Mother's bar and grill. Don't let the outside appearance stop you. It might not look like much, but the food was great and you couldn't beat the price. I had what was some of the best Green Chili I ever tasted on my Mexican Burger.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2010

On arrival, the Interstate was really backed up with almost stationary traffic in all three lanes, following the 'Aspen' (fall colours) weekend in the mountains. Three(2/3 storey) wooden buildings with a courtyard between, right next to the gas station at the Georgetown exit from Interstate 70. We had pre-booked and were allocated a double room on the (apparent) ground floor of one block. (When we viewed it from the side street, it appeared that we were on the second floor) Our room had TV, fridge, hairdryer and a ceiling fan. No ironing board or microwave. A guest laundry and hot-tub were within the complex. In spite of nearness to the freeway, we did not hear any road noise. Breakfast - choice of 3 cereals, 2 juices, with bagels, toast and mini-muffins.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I like Super 8's because, for $10-$20 more a night than a Motel 6, I can get free wireless, a breakfast, and quality bath towels. This hotel has none of those amenities. I had several problems with this hotel. First, the policy of this hotel is that for a nominal fee, you and your pets can stay at the hotel but you will need to stay in a smoking room. The person prior to my stay brought a cat into the room and let it sleep and walk all over the beds. I woke up the morning of my first night covered with hives. The hotel will only deep clean smoking/pet rooms. The breakfast consisted of three cereal choices, of which the froot loops and frosted flakes were so stale as to be inedible. The towels were small and badly stained. Wireless is only available in the lobby and not in the rooms themselves. There is no parking in front of the motel rooms because the rooms are not attached to the front lobby or near the parking lot.

I paid ~$70 for this room. Unless you're caught on I-70 in a snowstorm or you're about to fall asleep while driving please avoid this hotel. Spend about the same amount and stay at the other smaller, local hotels in Georgetown, drive the extra 20 minutes to Dillon or sleep in your car. You'll have a better experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank knoelle11
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I just wanted a cheap place to get a night's sleep before an early morning backpacking trip. It's a nice little motel, and everything seemed fine until, after showering, etc. (bathroom seemed very well kept and clean), I turned down the blanket and noticed hair and lint on the sheets. I phoned the front desk and they brought me a clean set. Kinda skeeved me out, but it was too late to do anything else at that point. Not their fault, but someone in the next room had the TV on all night, though not extremely loud, just enough to be annoying. Other than the sheet incident, I was reasonably pleased. Left before the continental breakfast started, so can't comment. They do offer 24 hr coffee (reg & decaf), and a coffee maker in room. Also a cozy TV lounge area, I think w/ a fireplace.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Geogertown is a great little western spot with a few stores, restaurants, motels and interesting sightseeing. We chose the Super 8 because it is located in the middle of the town and reasonably priced. The room was clean and accomodating of our needs.

Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2009

My fiance and I drove from Greeley to go to Black Hawk Casinos and stayed at Super 8 because it wasn't too far away and it was an awesome price. We stayed in a large room with two beds and it was very clean. There was kind of a funky smell in the room but nothing we couldn't handle. The "log cabin" type of rooms were really cute and it was tucked away in the mountains whcih was nice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
The Vintage Resort Hotel & Conference Center
#3 of 6 in Keystone
Georgetown Mountain Inn
Georgetown Mountain Inn
#3 of 6 in Georgetown

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Georgetown Lodge? Share your experiences!