“Pleasant surprise”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Greeley, Colorado
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stopped in Georgetown for a late lunch. We didn't know what to expect but found it to be a very pleasant atmosphere. Nothing fancy. Just plain good food and service. I highly recommend the deserts!

• Visited January 2013

Arabi, Louisiana
“Great Food, Atmosphere and Fun!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We found this restaurant and bar by luck as we were waiting for our turn to ride the Georgetown Loop Railroad. We had about 30 Saints fans invade the restaurant and the staff, owners and the locals were all excellent. We jabbed at each other a little and even bought each other food / drink. A great experience and great food. I recommend the homemade meatballs, pizza or soup!

If you are close by, STOP in and you will not be disappointed. Once of the waitresses looked like Taylor Swift and we snapped a picture with her. I will try to post, if possible.

Visited October 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Pizza was good...service was better.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We decided to eat here after a 1/2 day skiing in the area. As we walked in, the kids immediately noticed the train on the ceiling....unfortunately that was the most excited they got. The highlight of our meal was our server -- Frannie. She more than made up for the average pizza.

• Visited December 2012
CONewbie
“Pizza is Great!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have a vacation home in Georgetown, CO and the Alpine Inn is a wonderful addition to our little town. The pizza is wonderful. Salads are very nice - with homemade dressings. In warm weather, there is lovely outside patio. I would venture to say it's the best place to eat in Georgetown.

• Visited October 2012
Cedar Park, Texas
“The best place to eat in Georgetown”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had all but worn out our search for different places to eat in Georgetown, having questionable experiences every time we stopped. We decided to stop here for lunch while passing through, and were so glad we did! It is a delightful place with a great history. This was the old Georgetown Depot, built in 1877 for the Colorado Central Railroad. They have a large toy train running above your head in the bar a la FAO Swartz. But the food is quite good, as well, and the service is friendly and helpful. The server recommended the meatballs in any form, as they are from an old family recipe and are homemade. I worried about the red sauce, so I didn't get them. I wish I did; my husband got them and they were delicious. Instead, I ordered a Greek hummus wrap with the addition of chicken. It was good, but it was basically like a Greek chopped salad in a wrap, and difficult to eat without a fork. The server was professional enough to tell me, when I requested iced tea, that it was fountain tea, not brewed. I really appreciated that, as I don't like fountain tea. He made iced tea for me with tea bags in a glass of ice water, which was perfect--and such a personal touch!

We will definitely stop here again when we come to or through Georgetown. They appear to actually care about their guests and making them happy and well-fed. The only reason I didn't give a 5 rating was that I was a bit disappointed with my sandwich. I will order meatballs next time! It is definitely worth stopping here rather than going all the way into Georgetown to eat.

• Visited October 2012