“Wonderful Birthday”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Florida
“Wonderful Birthday”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I were visiting our Uncle in Empire and it was my birthday. My Uncle suggested having High Tea at the Dusty Rose.
What fun. We did not have a reservation but we were seated promptly - we went on a Wednesday too.
It took a while to select the tea we wanted - there were many choices. I chose one with caramel, chocolate chips and pecans. We had a choice of a salad or soup. I chose the salad which I thought was unusual. It was cauliflower and broccoli flowerets with a wonderful, light dressing. The men chose the potato soup - they said it was good. As soon as we finished a three tired plate arrived full of goodies. The pastries were wonderful. There was a meat pie that was very tasty. The cucumber sandwiches were the best I have ever tasted. In fact most of the food was just wonderful. I cannot imagine the time that went into the preparation of the cookies, scones, pies and the whole assortment of deliciousness.
The owner of the Dusty Rose gave us a choice of three stories we would like for her to tell. That was fun and you can tell just truly enjoys her tea room and your company. The staff was friendly and efficient. I want to go back on my next visit to Empire.

• Visited May 2014

jacksonville
“Fabulous Victorian tea party”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We loved the tea party with soup, scones tea and other treats. The owner was incredibly attentive, we loved wearing the fancy hats and boas. There was a variety of flavored teas and loads of treats to choose from. The restaurant looked like a Victorian tea room and the neighboring dollhouse store was a bonus.we learned that the State Dept. Has arranged for foreign visitors to visit the tea room.

• Visited January 2014
Littleton, Colorado
“A perfect teen tea party”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My daughter wanted to have her 15th birthday party at the Dusty Rose Tea Room, and I am so glad we did. The girls loved everything. They commented on the cups, saucers and the lace curtains. Oh, and how they loved the hats! The tea was wonderful, and it was so nice that we could try as many types of tea as we liked. The potato soup was heavenly... The girls only disappointment was that they wanted more! Sandwiches, savories and scones tasted wonderful. As a mom, I can't tell you how nice it was to sit and talk with my lovely daughter and her friends without them looking at their cell phones. This place helped create a wonderful memory for me, my daughter and her friends. Looking forward to coming back, and creating more memories with her and others.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank JulieV5280
Keystone, Colorado
“So cute and quaint”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My grandmother, mother and I went for a holiday tea time and loved it here! Everyone was so wonderful and nice and the tea house is so quaint and cute. The tea was DELICIOUS as was the food; could not have asked for a better time here. I will most certainly be returning in the future!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Summitcolorado88
Havre de Grace, Maryland, United States
“Awesome teas and delicious scones!! !!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

This place was extremely nice and the staff very kind. The tea selection was pretty large and the food was all good. Everything my family and I got we really liked. They have a selection of English tea style hats that the ladies can adorn during tea. This is a must go if your in the area. Georgetown is also a very nice town to visit while your there.

1 Thank Eric H