“Really cute! Food was quite tasty!”

Dusty Rose Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I really enjoyed coming here. I had the Georgetown Berry Medley. I loved it and I usually despise tea, lol. Everything I ate was really good. The staff was incredible. It's a fun time if you are looking to enjoy a great cup of tea.

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in Georgetown on our way back from Breckenridge and he found this little tea house. It was our first wedding anniversary and he was trying to earn points, which he did! The tea house was so charming and the staff was wonderful. I had the Christmas high tea, which was a little pricey but since it was a special occasion I didn't mind. The tea and food were great! Overall we would return.

1  Thank Another_TravelinSong
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Reservations are helpful on weekends during the busy seasons.

The Dusty Rose is a beautiful old space offering some special delights. First of all, there is unlimited beverage service, and that includes switching teas or even types of drinks. Then there is the food, which has a light, delicate appearance and surprisingly intense flavors and myriad textures. Top it all off with a top hat (or what have you), and it's quite a fun little experience.

The service was a delightful combination of knowledgeable and colloquial, and they know what they're doing with kids, even the dreaded two-year-old boy coming up on nap time. Pick the right hat, and you might get to hear the story of its origin. Go in December for High Tea, and get a bag of candied walnuts!

There was, unfortunately, a lag in putting in the order, so I hated the hungry waiting, but that was the only lowlight.

1  Thank BlakKat
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had a lovely lunch when visiting with friends in October, 2013. We came in with a large group and no booking, but despite this the staff were friendly and accommodating. They have a very large and enviable tea menu, tasty delicate food, and a hat wall that kept my friends and I occupied for quite some time. There is also a little shop attached, which made me want to buy every single tea cosy there.
We were served by a very gentle and friendly man who runs the Tea Room with his wife, and he gave us some extra travelling suggestions which made our experience that much more pleasant.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am visiting the US from Australia as an exchange student and the University arranged a day trip for us to visit Georgetown. When we arrived we were quite hungry and decided to go into the dusty rose tea room for some lunch. There was only one gentlemen working there but he quickly had us seated (after rearrangement of some tables as there was a group of us). There is a great selection of tea and the food was absolutely delicious although maybe a bit small for a lunch. We were given a pot of tea each and that was more than enough to satisfy us. There was a collection of Victorian hats on the wall that we were all sure to try on. I will definitely come back here again if I'm ever in Georgetown.