“OK”
Review of Ed's 1859 cafe - CLOSED

Ed's 1859 cafe
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Good hamberger and great sweet potato fries. I asked to hold the mayo and they did not! Even asked the waitress who brought my meal if there was no mayo on it and she assured me that it was not on there. Well......it was. Also, she put our whole party on one check when we instructed her that we were paying separately. Took extra time to straighten all that out.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Based on the meals being served I'll be back to try their food. Wasn't so hungry so had a Blueberry Muffin. Served cold and was very small. However, the burgers and sweet potato fries that some guest were eating makes me want to visit again soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Upon hearing that the Eisenhower tunnel was closed, we hopped off I-70 and killed some time in Georgetown. Opted for Ed's as it was less crowded than spots close to the highway. Chassis was a fantastic waitress with just the spunk and energy we needed to keep us happy during this ski delay. The green chile sauce alone is worth the visit - and as spicy as promised! Enjoyed it on a pile of hashbrowns and eggs. Good simple diner fare in a plain atmosphere, but affordable, tasty and filling!

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I visited Ed's with my family on a beautiful September day, and we wanted to enjoy outdoor dining in the mountains. The weather was perfect for it.

A few minutes after we sat down, a waitress brought us menus after we begged for them. That should have been the first clue that this was going to be a bad experience. We never got the chance to try the food because no one bothered to take our order. After about 30 minutes, we decided Ed's didn't want our business.

I'm not grading the food because we never got to try it. This was without a doubt one of the worst dining experiences I've had in years. I could not in good conscience recommend Ed's to anyone.

2  Thank BrianWilsonTCU
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited Ed's cafe on 9/14. Beware! When you receive the bill, you only receive the total amount and not a detailed breakdown of costs. Our bill certainly exceeded the amount that should have been the total bill. The bill should have been ~$70 (6 meals @ $10 + 3 drinks) but was presented as only a total of $88. The food was ok. The green chili comes out of a can and was not even warmed up. Try another place for better food and an accurate bill.

1  Thank cgerk