“Food good- Servers needs retraining”
Review of Ed's 1859 cafe - CLOSED

Ed's 1859 cafe
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed June 12, 2013

When we arrived there were 3 tables full on the patio (out of 5) and 2-3 tables inside. One table received the wrong order and it took several minutes to get a servers attention to notify them. We sat at a table for 10 minutes with no one coming to give us menus until I went inside and talked to someone rolling silverware. Then the servers loudly pronounced that the orders were mixed up because the customers had switched tables. There was a sign posted - please do not move tables. I thought that referred to relocating the tables, not to people changing tables. Sign needs to be reworded. But there were only 3 couples in the patio at the time, should that really have confused everyone?

When we tried to pay, someone took our card and we waited. After several minutes I decided to walk to the car. I walked three blocks to the car, brought the car around and the check still had not been returned. It was not until my husband went inside that they were able to find the bill and our credit card. The food was good, but I cannot imagine what the service would be like on a busy day!

They have signs posted - voted best in the area! But I have no idea who voted, I am sure it was not anyone who was there that lunch time.

1  Thank Randy L
There are newer reviews for Ed's 1859 cafe

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were looking for a a good place for a late breakfast and Ed's was recommended by the staff at the Chateau Chamonix. They recommended well. The food was good and the service was great.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were in Georgetown for a week adn of all the restaurants this one was our favorite. Fresh guacamole, pico and house made veggie burgers were outstanding. The service was very personable and after a week we got to know them all. Highly recommend.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We were in Georgetown for a week and of all the restaurants, this one was mine and my husband's favorite. The food was fresh and very, very good. The guacamole, pico, and veggie burgers are all made in house. The service was exceptional and after a week we got to know all the staff. This is where the locals go - according to everyone we asked, and we could tell why after the first visit.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This small business at the end of 6th St isn’t your best choice for food in Georgetown. The service was good, but that’s about the end of the praise. Nothing about the atmosphere would draw you in, and nothing about the food would bring you back. My wife had some average burgers and shoestring fries, some below average soup, and some well below par onion rings. To be fair, we didn’t have the burritos that seemed to pretty popular, but nothing suggests they’d be any better. Most of the food is just prepared frozen items – including the chicken tenders, chicken breasts, and onion rings (that’s not a guess; we saw one of the workers unpacking the items and stocking their freezers). And with all that, the prices aren’t great either. $8 for a burger and fries wasn’t outrageous, but if you want to substitute the forgettable onion rings for fries, the surcharge is $3. An entire order is just $4.75, so the surcharge seems unreasonable. All in all, unless those burritos are pure magic, you’d do well to eat somewhere else.