“Slavic Heaven”

Euro Grill
Cuisines: American, European, German, Czech
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: There are 90 seats inside and 110 outside by the creek. The restaurant offers full bar, fireplace and outdoor seating by the creek.The restaurant is open everyday including holidays from 11:30 - 9:30.Military personal 10% discount.Reservations are accepted.
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My last three visits to the Euro Grill confirmed the first--this place is great with the best Slavic food this side of the Atlantic. The Goulash Soup is the best I've had since I lived in Germany over 30 years ago. Even the "German" dishes are first rate. If you have the Gyro Platter, you won't need a knife--it's that tender. Make sure you try the Bohemian Sauerbraten (Svickova). Everything, and I mean everything, is homemade in the restaurant. For that extra-special meal, the Bohemian Roast Duck is to die for. The staff (most of whom are from the Czech Republic) are courteous and know the menu inside-out.

If you find yourself on Interstate 70, 40 miles west of Denver, this restaurant is a must stop. Also, take time to visit and walk through Georgetown. It has a great history, a neat and informative train ride (the Georgetown Loop) and some really unique shops.

There are newer reviews for Euro Grill

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I had a completely different experience than the earlier reviewer and I disagree about the authenticity of the food. My wife and I used to live in Germany, so we visited Georgetown to enjoy the European Christmas Market and thought we’d complete the experience with a European dinner; we’re glad we did. The menu includes a mix of European dishes including German, Hungarian, and Czech. My Wiener Schnitzel (veal) and my wife’s chicken schnitzel were very well prepared – thin, tender, and crispy, and they came with the traditional lemon wedge and traditional sides (e.g., rotkohl – red cabbage). If you get the potato pancakes as we did, you’ll enjoy them, but you should be aware they’re not the thin kartoffelpuffer (latke) style, but are more Czech style. Aside from the food, the draft beers are mostly lagers (including real pilsners) and are reasonably priced, as is the food and the wines by the glass. What really topped the evening though was Mary Theresa’s service! She went out of her way to meet every guest’s needs. As good as the Euro Grill is, and it really is very good, a couple of little things keep me from giving it five stars. For one, one of the two pieces of schnitzel on my plate had a bit of an ‘off’ taste, almost as if it had come in contact with one of the fish dishes. For another, the atmosphere is nothing special; pretty plain with a speaker system piping in what sounds like a radio station. Despite those two little drawbacks, the Euro Grill is well worth a visit.

1  Thank TheObjectiveCritic
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stopped here after a train ride in the historic town of Georgetown, Colorado, and were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was quiet, and not rushed. The food was excellent, and the portions large.
The menu had many German and Hungarian dishes, along with traditional American food.
Definitely worth the stop, as it only minutes from Interstate 70 along the route to many ski resorts.

1  Thank Susan E
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I use trip advisor regularly when I travel to get information on resturants and hotels. I like the ones that have lots of reviews....the more reviews the better idea of how the place really is. The Euro has many, many reviews, (the vast majority are excellent) which is good. You disregard the few on the bottom as well as the top and go from there. Any restaurant, and I mean any, can have a bad night. That's why its important to look at the reviews as a whole. That being said, we have visited Georgetown each of the last several years and after "finding" The Euro our first year, we look forward to returning each year. This year we ate there both nights. There were 4 of us and we went 8 for 8 on the meals being excellent for the two nights there. None of the four of us could finish our meals so we got "go boxes." My Walleye Pike was as good as I've ever had and the mashed potatoes and red cabbage....Wow! Yeah, they were short handed and busy both nights, but that sure didn't keep our server from doing an excellent job of taking care of us and our meals were served in a very timely manner as well. He was literally running to keep up with the tables and still had a great sense of humor, while handling the stress of several tables. We've never been able to eat outside on the deck and enjoy the small river because its been too cool. However, thats not a problem because that wood burner inside sure feels good and adds to the ambiance. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with The Euro....excellent food, huge portions, and very reasonably priced.

1  Thank tobigal
Reviewed October 8, 2012

As many times as we have eaten in Georgetown, we (and the restauranteurs) know that you don't go there for the food. During the high tourist seasons or on Sunday nights, when you almost have to exit there to avoid the stand-still traffic on I-70 towards Denver, the food is adequate, at best. And, places in town seem to keep going out of business. Anyway, on our way to Breckenridge this past weekend, we decided to stop in Georgetown for lunch. We decided to try one of the places not downtown, as we have worn those out time and time again. We heard good things about the Euro Grill, and thought it might be just the ticket.
The first surprising thing was that their lunch and dinner menus appeared almost exactly the same, with only $1 difference (more) for dinner. We first asked for iced tea, and were surprised that it was not brewed, but fountain tea, and we were not informed, nor did the waiter offer to substitute something else when he saw I was unhappy with it. In most cases, fountain tea is either caloric or presweetened with artificial sweeteners that can have bad effects on some people, me for one. It also has a distinctively un-brewed tea taste.

We followed by a request for the potato pancake to start. We were told they did not have that that day. My husband ordered the meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and I asked about the Hungarian Goulash, as I was very familiar with the dish. The dinner portion was $13 and the lunch was $12. The waiter said it had 7 pieces of meat, peppers, onions, cabbage and choice of pasta or dumplings. I chose the pasta. What arrived was a heaping plate of spaghetti, purple cold cabbage off to one side, and 3 small cubes of meat swimming in a huge amount of sauce, with pieces of green pepper. On top of it all, was a raw sliced onion! I have never seen Hungarian Goulash served or made this way, and stopped the waiter to question it. I asked if they were running out of it and that was why I was shorted on the meat. He said no, there should have been at least 5 pieces (there were 3 and he promised 7). My husband's meatloaf was tasteless and hard, and instead of the requested mashed potatoes, he was given weiner schnitzel without consent. I heard at the adjoining tables that most of what was ordered was not available, as well. What I ate was basically spaghetti and gravy with a touch of meat. He "agreed" to give me 10% off (I would have preferred an edible meal for the same price--although there was almost nothing on the menu available), which amounted to $1.20. We were extremely dissatisfied with non-authenic dish preparations, an appalling lack of menu items, substitutions and shortings without consent, and basically unsatisfying and bad food. We will not ever try this place again.